Jiri-san 2N/3D Traverse Hike
Jiri-san was designated as Korea’s first National Park on December 29, 1967. t’s summit Cheonwang-bong soars to 1915m and is the highest on mainland South Korea. Jiri-san is home to scores of peaks over 1000m. Nowhere in Korea is there a greater concentration of religious sites than in Jiri-san area. According to oral history, Jiri-san is essentially the Holy Mother Spirit Mountain of Korea. Some of her ancient oral history is untraceable, thousands of years past, and relate to the very foundation of Korea’s shamanistic beginnings, her male and female mountain deities, and hidden gates into mysterious kingdoms. Her many peaks, valleys and streams, are thought to contain some of Korea’s greatest natural energies, and indeed Jiri-san’s does sometimes put on her own displays of biblical atmospheric light and colour. To climb to her highest feature, Cheonwang-bong 1915m, and watch the sunrise is regarded as one of the most revered moments in a Koreans life.
per adult from
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
What's excluded :
Day 1: Seongsam-jae to Yeonha-cehon shelter.
Pass By: Nogodan, Sandong-myeon, Gurye-gun, South Korea
A six to seven hour hike along the ridge to the Yeonhacheon shelter.
• Dinner: This hike includes basic trail meals.
Accommodation included: Overnight at the Yeonhacheon national park shelter.
Day 2: Yeonha-cheon shelter to Jangteo-mok shelter
Pass By: Jirisan National Park, 전라남도 구례군, 전라북도 남원시, 경상남도 산청군, Hadong-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do South Korea
Traverse several mountains on a rocky ridge offering many great vistas over 1500m.
• Dinner: All basic trail meals included.
Accommodation included: Jangteok-mok national park shelter
Day 3: Jangteok-mok shelter to Cheonwang-bong (1915m) to Jungsan-ri
Stop At: Jirisan Cheonwangbong Peak, Jungsan-ri, Sicheon-myeon Jirisan National Park, Sancheong-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do 52236 South Korea
Get up and walk an hour to catch the sunrise on mainland South Korea's highest peak, Cheonwang-bong 1915m.
Duration: 30 minutes
• Lunch: We'll get a good lunch once we get back to Gurye.
Accommodation included: I will take you back to your hotel or train or bus station.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
I can pick you up by vehicle at either Namwon or Gurye Bus or train station or at a nearby accommodation.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.