Joal-Fadiouth, the shellfish island
the town of joal is a tourist site. The island with its houses built in shells, the granaries on stilts, the mixed cemetery (Catholic-Moslems).
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Transportation, entry taxes
What's excluded :
- Meals, tip for guide, personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Joal Fadiouth, Joal Fadiouth, La Petite Cote, Thies Region
Stop at: Joal Fadiouth, Joal Fadiouth, La Petite Cote, Thies Region
Departure for Joal-Fadiouth, birthplace of the poet president Léopold Sédar senghor, this renowned city is a must step during your stay in Senegal.
Stroll in the alleys of the island where a native guide will give you detailed explanations on the history and the specificity of this locality built on a shell mound, on his mixed cemetery (catholic - muslim) as well as on his attics on stilts which make the charm of the locality.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
starting point your hotel
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.