Journey of Discovery
Our Journey of Discovery begins at the designated meeting point in Port Zante. In 15 minutes, you will learn about the history of Port Zante and historic downtown Basseterre, French for "Low land", including some of her iconic landmarks such as the St. George Anglican Church and the Church of the Immaculate Conception.
From there discover the secrets of the Wingfield Estate in Old Road, the oldest sugar plantation in the Caribbean. Explore the old ruins for thirty minutes. See the lush, verdant Rainforest with Mount Liamigua in the distance.
The highlight of the Tour is a visit to the Amazing Grace Experience in Sandy Point where there is more to discover. The poor treatment of slaves transported by John Newton from Africa to St. Kitts for sale in the slave market at Independence Square affected him so much, that he got the inspiration to pen this most beloved hymn Amazing Grace.
Well, what are you waiting for? Join us now on our tour of Discovery
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- The tour begins at 10:00 am sharp with a 15 minute drive through downtown Basseterre. Drive in air conditioned comfort as you see and hear of the history of the town's iconic monuments from our experienced English tour guide such as the Berkley Memorial, the "1840", and Independence Square. You will then get to know more of Irish Town, the War Memorial, the Egrets nesting site and Bloody Point as you drive by, and then we make our way off to visit the Seventeenth century Romney Manor, home of the ancestors of Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the United States. It is one of the most celebrated sites on the island, as the Caribelle Batik, famous for it's Indonesian technique of picture making by applying hot was to material, is also housed there. There is an entrance fee to visit this magnificent estate, but this is already included in the cost of the tour. We must tell you that the Pre - Historic Petroglyphs are on the way to Romney Manor, and legend has it that this image on the stone is indeed a fertility image in its own right.
Then it’s off to the highlight of the tour, The Amazing Grace Experience located in beautiful Sandy Point. This was the setting which changed the life of a foul mouthed Captain John Newton who later went on to pen that famous and beloved song Amazing Grace. This segment of the tour is of 30 minutes duration and entrance fees are also included in the cost of the tour.
See the pristine black sand Pump Bay beach where Captain Newton landed his slave ships, now voted one of the best black sand beaches in the world by USA Today.
From AGE we head over to Timothy Hill on the South East Peninsula for the breath taking views of the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean in one picture perfect view.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port Zante
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.