Journey Through La Merced
On this tour we’ll wind through the market’s lively banquetón, or prepared food area, tasting tacos, aguas frescas and tamales. After that, we’ll stroll through the gigantic fruits and vegetables building, and learn about—and taste!—prehispanic ingredients, such as grasshoppers and chicatana ants. After a quick stop to rest, we’ll leave the market to take the subway back to the Historic Center where we’ll finish up the tour with a refreshing drink and a snack in a newly revived part of the city that you won’t want to miss!
per adult from
What's included :
- As much food as you can eat (enough for a large breakfast and lunch combined)
- One agua fresca
- One coffee, beer or another non-alcoholic beverage
- Filtered water throughout the tour
- Traditional Mexican candy
- Generous tips for all market vendors
- Metro ride to/from Merced market
- Entry/Admission - La Merced
What's excluded :
- Transport to/from the meeting and end points of the tour
- Tip for your guide
- Additional personal beverages, outside what’s included on the tour itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Merced, Calle Rosario 180 Venustiano Carranza, Mexico City 15820 Mexico
The colorful, chaotic Merced Market serves thousands of shoppers daily. On this tour, you’ll visit our favorite food stalls, meet some talented market vendors, and learn the market’s history. You’ll finish knowing why La Merced is unlike anywhere else in Mexico.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Centro Historico, Centro Historico, Mexico City, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
At the end of this tour, we'll spend some time strolling through the streets of a newly revived part of the centro, an area filled with buoyant bars and cafés and boasting a lively urban art scene.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Isabel La Católica 96, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06080 Centro, CDMX, Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.