Juan Venado Island Nature Reserve
Belonging to León and located between Las Peñitas Beach and Salinas Grandes community, Juan Venado Island Natural Reserve is 22 km long and 1500 mt wide in its widest part.
Since 1983 the Island is one of the 76 national areas protected by the state of Nicaragua for its biodiversity.
Its characteristic mangrove forest is home to miles of migratory birds, of several species of reptiles, among which crocodiles, and of a large number of small mammals. From august to December you can seen Paslama turtles laying eggs, which is a species actually declared in danger of extinction.
WHY TRAVELLING WITH EL PEREZOSO?
In order to organize the trip in the Reserve we work with Ulises Zamora, a well-known fisherman belonging to Salinas Grandes community and recognized by the Tourism Institute as a professional guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up/Drop off in Leon city.
- Life jacket.
- Travel insurance by INISER.
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Departure from Leon city at 8:00 AM, arriving to Juan Venado Island reserve entrance by Las Peñitas beach at 8:30 AM. You will visit the mangroves area by motor boat with a local guide who will show you the local flora and fauna. The tour inside the reserve lasts between 3 or 4 hours, and during sea turtle nesting season you could also visit a sea turtle nursery. In addition to being in touch with nature, you will have the opportunity to take a dip in the ocean during this tour. Return to Leon city at 12:30 PM.
Use sunscreen and repellent. Bring a cap or hat, and extra clothes. Don’t forget your swimsuit.
Departure Point :Your hotel or any meeting point in Leon city.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- inish time of this tour back in Leon: 1:00 pm.
- Tour offered in English, Spanish and Italian.
- Length of this tour: 4-5 hours.
- Minimum age for participation: 10 years old.
- Minimum number of participants: 2 people.
- Minimum anticipation days to reserve this tour: 1 days.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.