Juncal Andean Park: Hiking over a Glacial Tongue
Explore the Andes hiking along the Juncal Andean Park, which has unique natural features and a remarkable beauty. Emplaced just two hours from Santiago, this private park created in 1911, comprises the Andean wetlands, a focus of conservation for its vital importance as a source of life which provide shelter to a wide variety of birds. The main activity consists to reach the largest glacier of Chile out of Patagonia and Antartic; The imposing Juncal Glacier, that curiously face the sunlight to the north, leaving astonished those who decide to go to meet it.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Comfortable transport
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- First aid kit
- Trekking poles
- Box lunch per person:
What's excluded :
- Accident insurance
- Personal clothing
Juncal Andean Park is an ecological reserve created in 1911. This private property, preservation of a pristine andean ecosystem is located in the middle of Juncal valley, just two hours north from Santiago.
It has unique natural features and a remarkable beauty. In may of 2010 the park was designated “RAMSAR wetlands of international importance” such as other 11 recognized sites in Chile. Wetlands are a focus of conservation for its vital importance as a source of life, especially in harsh environments as the Juncal.
We’ll reach the park entrance alongside a forgotten train railway that used to crossed the Andes. From here we will hike into Juncal valley following a low slope trail by the eastern bank of the namesake river. The trail will lead us to a huge wetland, a mountain oasis plenty of life due to the presence of water during all year round.
After crossing “Monos de agua” river we´ll get prepare for the last section that will become less clear and steepest as we continue through a drawer that reveal the presence of a huge ice body. In this last section we´ll begin to feel the steep moraine configuration, realizing that we are already over Juncal glacier.
• Paso International Los Libertadores, Pass from Santiago (CL) to Mendoza (AR), Mendoza Argentina
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please be ready at the lobby of your hotel.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.