Juneau Shore Excursion:Sled Dog Discovery & The Famous Musher's Camp
Ever wanted to ride a dog sled in style? Our team of huskies sweep through the Alaskan forest on a custom built sled. Your thrill continues at our famous mushers camp where you meet and learn the art of dog sledding.
per adult from
2 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Roundtrip transportation from cruise port to mushers camp
- Hot and cold drinks
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Juneau, Juneau, Alaska
Close your eyes and imagine whisking through the Tongass National Rainforest being pulled by our well trained and amazingly energetic sled dogs. This is one of the most popular tours for an Alaskan cruise. You will get to see mushing up close and personal on this tour. Our tour runs from May to September and due to summertime the sled dog adventure is on not on snow but on our sled with wheels. This tour is great fun for the entire family!
Stop At: Tongass National Forest, Alaska 99833, USA
From the very start you can connect and play with the dogs. The location where they are trained and play is called the Musher's Camp and is the tour staging area where you get to meet the Mushers and hear their amazing tales of competing in races and mushing through Alaska. Every musher offers unique history and connection with their dog mushing teams and you will see the bond they share when you get out on the trail.
Our track is mile long enjoyment lined by the huge stunning spruce and hemlock trees that belong in the rainforest. This tour is not only great for family's but a great one for photos. Their are normally 16 strong huskies pulling you along. After your thrilling ride we head back to the camp where we offer you snacks and an informative presentation by one of the experienced mushers about the iconic Iditarod race across Alaska. Don't forget to take some time to cuddle the puppies, wander the camp, or ask any questions about this unique Alaskan sport!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.Return Point: Juneau Cruise Port Ports
- Mt. Robert's Tramway building.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/1/2021 - 9/25/2021
5/1/2022 - 9/25/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 02:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.