Juneau Whale Watching Tour
Your 3 hour whale watching adventure begins when you board a coach bus that departs downtown Juneau from the Mt. Roberts Tram parking lot. A 25 minute journey through the picturesque landscape of Southeast Alaska will take you to Auke Bay Harbor. “All aboard!” and you’re off for Alaska waters and the ultimate whale watching experience. The star of the tour is the humpback whale, but we are always looking out for sea lions, bald eagles, or the playful orca. The whales are here to feed in our abundant Alaskan waters. Our naturalist guides you on a 2 hour whale watching tour. With our experienced captains and Juneau being one of the best ports for whale watching in Alaska, this tour will be an unforgettable experience. A light snack and refreshments will be provided.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Round-trip transportation between port and boat harbor
- 2-hour whale watching tour on a custom 24-passenger jet boat or 49-passenger catamaran
- Heated cabin with wide viewing windows, spacious decks for whale watching, and bathrooms on board
- Naturalist on whale tour
- Informative professional driver guide during transfers
- Bottled water and a light snack aboard the whale boat
- Multiple tour times for flexibility
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (greatly appreciated)
Our 2 hour whale watching adventure begins when we board a coach bus that departs downtown Juneau from the Mt. Roberts Tram parking lot. A 25 minute journey through the picturesque landscape of Southeast Alaska will take you to Auke Bay Harbor. “All aboard!” and you’re off to Alaska waters and the ultimate whale watching experience.
On our quest for whales, we will be on the lookout for bald eagles, seals, sea lions, black bear and more of Alaska’s wildlife. The star of the tour is the humpback whale, but we are always looking out for the playful orcas. Once we spot a whale, the captain will slow down and allow you to go on the spacious viewing decks for a great photo opportunity. Our custom design vessels provides unrestricted viewing from inside the cabin as well as outside. Although the cabin is enclosed and heated. we recommend you dress in layers, after all it is Alaska!
With our experienced captains and Juneau being one of the best ports for whale watching in Alaska, this tour will be an unforgettable experience.
Snacks are binoculars are also provided.
• Goldbelt Mount Roberts Tramway, 490 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801-1328
Departure Point :Mount Roberts Tramway, 490 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour time is a check-in time; departure is within 15 to 30 minutes.
- The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- All ports or docks are within 10 minutes walking distances, except one - the A Dock - which provides a “Downtown” shuttle to the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the name of their ship.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately in layers and for the likely chance of rain. It is recommended that you wear warm layered clothing, a waterproof jacket and comfortable slip-proof shoes.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.