Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Private Tour from Luzern
A must for a visit in Switzerland is Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe in the Bernese Alps, connecting the two four-thousander peaks Jungfrau and Mönch, at an elevation of 3,466 metres (11,371 ft) above sea level. It’s part of the Jungfrau-Aletsch area, belonging to the Unesco world heritage site.
A aerial cableway and a coghwheel train connects the Jungfraujoch with Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen. Since 1912, this fantastic glacier world is accessible by coghwheel train.
The tour begins with the travel from your starting point by train to Interlaken in the Bernese Oberland, where the Jungfrau railway line starts. It is a varied tour with a constantly changing landscape up to Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe with the highest train station in Europe.
At the Top of Europe, your guide will take you on a tour through the attractions like the Sphinx terrace, the viewing platform, the Alpine sensation exhibition and the Ice cave. The building include several panoramic restaurants and shops.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- all taxes, fees and handling charges
- local tourguide operated by Swiss Travel Guide for your party only
- all transportation fees
- seat reservation at Jungfrau railway for your comfort
- your own booklet about your tour
- Entry/Admission - Jungfraujoch
- Entry/Admission - Jungfraujoch Sphinx Observatory
- Entry/Admission - Ice Palace - Jungfraujoch
What's excluded :
- food and drinks
- personal expenses during the tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kleine Scheidegg, Kleine Scheidegg, Jungfrau Region, Bernese Oberland, Canton of Bern
Pass By: Brunig, Brunig, Canton of Bern
Pass By: Interlaken, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland, Canton of Bern
Pass By: Lauterbrunnen, Lauterbrunnen, Jungfrau Region, Bernese Oberland, Canton of Bern
Stop At: Jungfraujoch, Bernese Oberland Interlaken, 3800 Switzerland
Begin your tour by meeting your guide at the hotel and make your way together to the train station in Luzern. With the panoramic train over the Brünig pass you arrive in Interlaken within 2 hours, where you change to the local train. After 20 minutes, you will arrive at Lauterbrunnen, a small village at the end of the valley. While you change the train, have a look on the famous "Staubbach" waterfall. The coghwheel railway from Lauterbrunnen to Kleine Scheidegg takes 35 minutes, passing Wengen, a small alpine town known for winter sports and the annual FIS worldcup downhill race. At Keine Scheidegg at 6600 ft above sea level, you will change onto the Jungfrau railway, which will take you within 40 minutes to the top. During the ride, the train will stop once in the middle of the tunnel for a scenic stop, where you will get off the train for 5 minutes.
Once you'll arrive at Jungfraujoch, which is 11333 ft above sea level, your tourguide will lead you through the attractions of this destination. The walking tour will take approx. 1 hour inside the tunnel system. The sighseeing tour is protected from the weather outside and easy accessible. At the Sphinx terraces and on good weather conditions, you may see the black forest in Germany! The continuation of the sightseeing will take you through the "Alpine sensation", a tribute to the construction work of the Jungfrau railway. You will continue through the ice cave to the plateau, a lovely place outside in the middle of snow. The walk around will be finished by passing the chocolate heaven from "Lindt", a small exhibition about chocolate makeing in Switzerland.
According your preferences, you may have lunch at one of the 3 restaruants at Jungfraujoch. Your tourguide will be happy to assist you and to join you for lunch.
Enjoy the view, the feeling of mountains surrounding and the rough weather situations at this altitude, before your tourguide will lead you back to the Jungfrau railway for the descent to Kleine Scheidegg. From here, you will travel on the route to Grindelwald, where the tourguide can make an optional stop. The local train takes you within 40 minutes back to Interlaken with a connection to the intercity train to Luzern, where the tourguide will lead you back to the hotel and the tour will end.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Jungfraujoch Sphinx Observatory, Jungfraujoch, Jungfraujoch 3801 Switzerland
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ice Palace - Jungfraujoch, Jungfraujoch Switzerland
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Lindt Chocolate Shop Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe, Jungfraujoch 3801 Switzerland
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Wheelchair accessible
- a minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- children must be accompagnied by an adult
- for wheelchair assistance - please contact us before booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.