Jungle & Rivers Buggy Exploration & Crocodile tour. Shore Excursion Puntarenas
Your breathtaking adventure begins with a pickup from the pier and a relaxing drive through the wonderful Costa Rican countryside on an air-conditioned transportation and recent model deluxe vehicle or mini bus.
In our adventure center, before you begin your journey, you will receive instructions about how to drive the Buggy and then take a test run on our specially designed private track. From here on, your guide will lead you along the jungle trails, Teak plantations, 14 crossing rivers sometimes-bumpy, dirt paths real rainforest, viewpoints and 2 different beaches. In the Buggy can go up to 4 passengers.
After this great adventure, our tour will continue with a short drive to Tarcoles River, where a 60 minutes Eco boat tour will allow you to enjoy the abundant wildlife of the area, including the huge crocodiles, multiple aquatic birds, scarlet macaws, howler monkeys and other amazing tropical species.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Use of helmet
- Deluxe transportation from the pier
- Entry/Admission - Carara National Park
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Carara National Park, Tarcoles, Garabito Municipality Costa Rica
The Carara Carara National Park, which in indigenous Huetar language means "River of lizards", has the only transition forest in Central Pacific, resulting in diversity of flora and fauna, where converge typical species of dry and humid forests.
This National Park is a worldwide known birding destination as it has very diverse birdlife, where stands out the Scarlet Macaw (Lapa Roja - Ara macao - ), a species that is in danger of extinction, being the second largest species of Psittacidae of Costa Rica.
It is certainly one of the major sites in the country for birdwatching, so it will be included in the next guide made by the Costa Rican Tourism Institute in this segment of tourism at national level.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Puntarenas, Puntarenas, Province of Puntarenas
Puntarenas is a port town on Costa Rica’s Gulf of Nicoya. Its Casa de la Cultura is a cultural center with a theater and art gallery. On the main boulevard, Paseo de los Turistas, Parque Marino del Pacífico includes an aquarium and rescue center with seahorses, turtles and crocodiles. The town beach, Playa Puntarenas, is backed by shops and cafes. Southeast of town, Playa Doña Ana is a beach known for strong surf.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tarcoles, Tarcoles, Tarcoles District, Garabito Municipality, Province of Puntarenas
The Tárcoles River, also called the Grande de Tárcoles River or the Río Grande de Tarcoles, in Costa Rica originates on the southern slopes of the Cordillera Central volcanic range and flows in a south-westerly direction to the Gulf of Nicoya.
The Tarcoles River is a famous river in Costa Rica because as you drive over the Tarcoles Bridge, you can look down and see at least a dozen impressive crocodiles sunbathing below. The river is situated running toward the Pacific coast. It spans 111 kilometers before reaching the final destination.
The Tarcoles River is teaming with Crocodiles some reaching sizes of three to four meters long or (12 feet). These beasts are not to be messed with! But visiting the bridge is a great way to see them safely.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For Puntarenas the Pick Up place is inside the pier, close to Gangway. There you will see our staff holding a sign with your name on it. All our tour guides wear a Green Color Polo Uniform and a Greenway Flag is very visible.For Puerto Caldera the pick up is Main Entrance of the pier. It is a short distance from the pier and mostly of the time there is a free shuttle bus service.If the Ship changes port at last minute, no worries. We will meet you at your arrival port.Ports
- Puntarenas Cruise Terminal
- Puerto Caldera Cruise Pier
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will provide you a health care kit for your personal security and our transportation services will work with the 50% of the total capacity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.