Jurassic Coast: Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door half day trip
Discover some of the most scenic coastline in southern England on a coach trip from Bournemouth. Travel to the famous Jurassic Coast, via Poole Harbour and Sandbanks, to experience the nation's first natural UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Visit both Lulworth Cove and the natural limestone arch of Durdle Door for 3 hours at your own pace but with plenty of information and maps to help you along the way.
Have a cream tea or fish and chips in one of the many tearooms, cafes or pubs in the village of West Lulworth.
The departure point in Bournemouth has great connections with trains and coaches making this a great day trip from London and the South East.
Not just for the summer! This trip runs all year and provides an amazing day out, even in the depths of winter,just be sure to wrap up warm and look forward to a warm drink in one of the cosy pubs or cafes once you have blown the cobwebs out.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Bournemouth Pier, Pier Approach, Bournemouth BH2 5AA England
Bournemouth Pier is in the town centre with a beautiful view of the sea and the gardens
Pass By: Sandbanks Beach, Banks Road, Poole BH13 7QQ England
Drive on a lovely scenic route through Bournemouth town centre, West Cliff, Sandbanks and Poole Quay.
Stop At: Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door, West Lulworth England
On arrival the driver will show you the return pick up point first, in Lulworth Cove Car park for a moment then you will be dropped off at Durdle Door.
Explore Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove in 3 hours of free time. The walk down to the Durdle Door Beach is challenging but rewarding.
It will take you about 25-30 minutes to walk from Durdle Door to Lulworth Cove over the top. Lulworth Cove has a number of pubs, cafes and tea rooms where there is plenty of time to relax and refresh.. Don't forget to check out the cove itself and the Lulworth Crumple rock formation in Stair Hole.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Bournemouth (Coach Station), Boscombe, Bournemouth BH8 8DL, UK
2: Bournemouth Pier (Stand DD), Bournemouth BH2 5BE, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. Very rarely but there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant ticket: Please note, an Infant ticket doesn't guarantee a seat. If you require a seat for your child, please purchase a child ticket.
- Strollers are welcome, they can be stored in the boot of the vehicle. Please note Durdle Door is not suitable for them as it is quite steep. You can however use the strollers in Lulworth Cove
- The Durdle Door hike can be challenging for some but we offer alternative to see from up high and Lulworth Cove can be enjoyed by all.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.