This tour gives you your very own kabuki guide (a geisha who has studied kabuki music for more than a decade) to explain the history and evolution of this unique stage art. You will appreciate the performance to a greater extent after learning of the finer points and background of the play.
We will watch one section of a kabuki play (and often have some time before hand or afterwards for a coffee to talk about the background of the play, the training of the actors, and the music in the theatre)
Please be aware that kabuki does not normally run around the last five days of the month.
It will normally be at the Kabuki Theatre (〒104-0061 東京都中央区銀座４丁目１２−１５, 4-12-15 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, near Higashi Ginza station).
The first play is at 10 am but we will choose the best play so pls keep your schedule open between 10 and 3 or so so we can arrange the most interesting play to see.
We have another option on Viator for afternoon/evening kabuki.
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Live entertainment
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Kabukiza Theater
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kabukiza Theater, 4-12-15, Ginza, Chuo 104-0061 Tokyo Prefecture
We will see one or two of the kabuki plays on offer.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Ginza, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0061, Japan
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is casual
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.