Kailashnath Doleshwor Mahadev Tour In Kathmandu
The Kathmandu Valley is the home of Lord Shiva. This great Hindu god is worshiped throughout the Kathmandu Valley with Shiva Lingams everywhere. But within this valley are two extremely important shrines that are renowned the world over: Kailashnath Mahadev and Doleshwor Mahadev.
Kailashnath Mahadev is the world’s tallest statue to Lord Shiva. Standing 44 meters tall on a high hill, he overlooks with protecting eyes over the Kathmandu Valley. And south of Bhaktapur is Doleshwor Mahadev, which is where the head of Kedarnath lies. Both sites are important Hindu pilgrimage sites and can be done in one day. These tours can be added to other day trips in the Kathmandu Valley for the ultimate in Hindu religious experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Kailashnath Mahadev Statue
- Entry/Admission - Doleshwor Mahadeva Temple
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kailashnath Mahadev Statue, Sanga, Bhaktapur 44800 Nepal
For the Hindu pilgrim, the Kathmandu Valley features some of the primal Hindu pilgrimage sites. It was here that the great gods and goddesses of Hinduism walked and blessed this beautiful place. They stand guard against all intruders, protecting the Kathmandu Valley from all who dare to stand against the mighty gods of the Valley.
The Mahadev Tour is a one day experience that will take you by private car to two of the most important places dedicated to Lord Shiva. The first one is the Kailashnath Mahadev, the world’s tallest statue of Lord Shiva. Rising to a height of 44 meters, he stands erect on a high hill overlooking the beautiful Kathmandu Valley. We will stop here and not only pay homage to Lord Shiva but enjoy the beautiful grounds that surround it.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Doleshwor Mahadeva Temple, Sipadole-6, Bhaktapur Nepal
The next stop is the ancient place of Doleshwor Mahadev. It is said in the Mahabharat that a long time ago, the head of Kedarnath was lost after Lord Shiva turned himself into a bull and his tail was pulled by those undeserving to seek him. The head was later found at this place and a plaque along with an important temple commemorates this important discovery. Here you can bring puja to Lord Shiva for his wonders.
This tour includes a knowledgeable guide, private transportation to and from your hotel along with lunch. It is a full-day tour, and any Hindu pilgrim can make this a stand-alone tour or combine it with two other Om Hindu Pilgrimage Tours within the Kathmandu Valley.
You will marvel at the imposing Kailashnath Mahadev while stand humbled before the temple at Doleshwor Mahadev. At the end of the day, you will return to your hotel filled with a powerful feeling of spirituality as you have worshipped the great protector of the Kathmandu Valley.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from your hotel inside ring road including Boudha and Bhaktapur area.Airports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.