Kakku Sightseeing Full Day
One of the Asia's largest and most spectacular ancient monuments is a wonderful Pagoda named Kakku. It contains over 2.000 stupas with origins dating back many centuries.
Kakku is about 33 miles from Taunggyi. It will take about 3 hours drive by car. Kakku is located in the Shan State. Its exists not only as an outstanding example of tradition art and architecture but also as a testament to the religious devotion of one of Myanmar's many ethnic minorities, The Pa-Oh. For many centuries, the Pa-Oh has lived in peace, cultivating their land and devoting much of their energy and limited wealth to creating monasteries and pagodas.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Travel deep into the Shan hills to the hidden ‘forest of temples’ at Kakku. Traveling from the flat-lands around Inle Lake, drive higher and higher into the hills, crisscrossing the railway line and villages. The journey is rewarded when reaching Kakku: more than 2000 stupas from the 11th-century rise high above a plain. Wander amid these mysterious stupas, far from the tourist trail.
Your adventure begins in the morning after breakfast. Set off from the low-lying lands at Inle Lake toward Taunggyi, then head into the rolling hills toward the east of the lake. The drive is spectacular, crossing over the railway line and through small villages inhabited to the Pa-Oh people.
After two hours drive, arrive at Kakku. The first view of Kakku is breathtaking: there are more than 2000 individual stupas, some of which are 20 meters high, and several Buddha images scattered throughout. Wander throughout the temples, taking your time to enjoy the wonder and awe of this site and discover the intricate carvings and details on the structures.
Lunch will be provided in the restaurant near Kakku.
Departure Point :Inle Lake
Departure Time :The Tour will start 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (8 hours long) from Monday to Sunday (the whole week).
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.