Kampala City Tour - Full Day
This tour offers travelers with a detailed insight into the culture and lifestyles of Ugandans & taking you to the most iconic historical sites of the City. Your guides will narrate it all for you & at the end you will become a Kampala expert.
This is the best option to taste a local meal at a local restaurant & is a great opportunity to explore some of Uganda's traditional cuisines. Do not forget to taste the Nile beer and the popular rolex sandwich (chapatti, eggs, cabbage, tomatoes, onions combined)
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- An authentic Ugandan Lunch + mineral water throughout
- Entrance fees to major attractions
- Wi-Fi on board + Photo coverage
- Pick-up & drop-off + a professional tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Kabaka's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Gaddafi National Mosque
- Entry/Admission - Baha'i Temple
- Entry/Admission - Uganda Museum
- Entry/Admission - Uganda Martyrs Shrine
What's excluded :
- Tips & gratuities
- Optional activities & extensions
- Items of a personal nature
- All other drinks except mineral water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kabaka's Palace, Lubiri Ring Road, Kampala Uganda
Clients will see the Idd Amin torture chambers, a machine gun of the old days, the palace museum, learn about the Buganda history and also visit the Lubiri gardens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gaddafi National Mosque, Old Kampala Road Plot 23/25, Kampala Uganda
Funded by the late Col. Muammar Gadhafi as a gift to Uganda due to the friendship with Libya. Learn more about the Islam faith and climb up a 300-steps tower to have a panoramic view of Kampala City
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Baha'i Temple, Kikaya Hill, Kampala Uganda
This is the only temple for the Bahai faith in Africa, located north east of Kampala on Kikaya Hill-Kyebando. Note that this is only found in Uganda apart from those in Europe and other continents. You will enjoy the gardens and views of the Kampala suburbs as you explore more about the Baha'i faith
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Uganda Museum, 5-7 Kira Road Pob 365, Kampala Uganda
This is the first and oldest museum in East Africa, officially established in by the British protectorate government in 1908 and later moved to its current location in 1954, it has just turned 100 years in 2008. Get into the history, culture and economic development of Uganda at the museum, with souvenir shopping here.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Uganda Martyrs Shrine, Kampala Uganda
This place is recognized for being the main point where the 22 martyrs were killed between 1885 & 1887 on orders of Kabaka(king) Mwanga II. Here is where we find the Uganda Martyrs Shrine (Basilica), and this place is one of the largest Christian pilgrimage destinations in Africa.
While you are here you will visit:
• The Basilica: Its construction started in 1967 and took 9 years to its accomplishment in on 3rd June 1975 and on 7th February 1993, Pope John Paul II declared the Shrine a Basilica while on his visit and pilgrimage to Uganda. Even Pope Francis held a mass right here on his visit to Uganda recently.
• Martyrs museum; learn more about the martyrdom in this museum
• The Holy Lake: This lake is believed to contain water which cleanses people's problems.
Our full day tour ends with the Martyrs Shrine & you will be dropped off to the hotel thereafter.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Nakasero Market, Market Square Rd, Kampala Uganda
Feel free to buy some fresh fruits and enjoy Uganda's freshness. Meet & interact with locals at work. This is our first item on the day's highlights with the rest of the other attractions only on sightseeing basis with minimal stopovers.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick ups & drop offs to clients at any point of their choice
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We encourage travelers who have traveled from outside the country to show us negative PCR Tests. Additionally, our tours are private hence encouraging social distancing. Infarred thermometers are used to take body temperatures of tourists.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.