Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek - 25 Days
Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a chance to reach the base camp of the world’s third tallest mountain on a remote mountain trail ideal for trekkers who enjoy the solitude. Located in the far north-eastern corner of Nepal, Mt. Kanchenjunga is considered to be one of the most beautiful mountain massifs in the world. The name Kanchenjunga means ‘Five Treasures of the Great Snow’ which is in reference to the five summits that make up Kanchenjunga. The 24-day circuit trek begins after we fly to Suketar from Kathmandu. The long journey on a less crowded path also rewards us with a unique insight into the rural Nepalese lifestyle of the country’s eastern region.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- Teahouse accommodation during the Kanchenjunga circuit trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Suketar -Kathmandu)
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu pick up Hotel(1,300m /4,264 ft)
Day 02: Kathmandu: sightseeing and trek preparation
We visit four landmarks in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur (2,420m/7938ft), Drive to Taplejung; 45 min flight & 9 hours drive
From Kathmandu, we get an early morning flight to Bhadrapur drive to Taplejung.
Day 04: Taplejung to Lalikharka (2265m/7,431ft): 4 – 5 hours trek
we will head to Lalikharka by 5 hours of trekking. Lalikharka.
Day 05: Lalikharka to Khesewa (2120m/6,955ft): 5 - 6 hours trek
We begin our trek to Khesewa.
Day 06: Khesewa to Mamankhe (1785m/5,856ft): 5 - 6 hours trek
After breakfast, we begin our trek towards the Kabeli Khola.
Day 07: Mamankhe to Yamphudin (2080m/6824ft): 4 -5 hours
Today’s trek will be mostly uphill on an easy trail whereby we mostly walk alongside the Kabeli Khola.
Day 08: Yamphudin to Tortong (2,995m/9,826ft): 7 -8 hours
We begin our walk on a path commonly used by the villagers.
Day 09: Tortong to Cheram (3,870m/12,696ft): 2 -3 hours
We begin our steady climb to Cheram.
Day 10: Cheram: Acclimatization and Rest
Day 11: Cheram to Ramchaur (Ramche) (4,580m/15,026ft): 3 – 4 hours
Day 12: Ramchaur (Ramche) to Yalung Base Camp (4500m), back to Cheram: 3 – 4 hours
Day 13: Cheram to Sele La (4290m/ 14,074ft) : 6 -7 hours
Day 14: Sele La to Ghunsa (3,595/11,794) : 2 -3 hours
Day 15: Ghunsa to Kambachen (4,050m/13,287ft) : 5 -6 hours
Day 16: Kambachen to Lhonak (4,780m/15,682ft) : 5 -6 hours
Day 17: Kanchenjunga base camp, overnight at Pangpema (5,143/16,873ft): 6 -7 hours
Day 18: Pangpema to Lhonak : 3 – 4 hours
From Pangpema we trace back our steps to Lhonak. Overnight in Lhonak.
Day 19: Lhonak to Ghunsa (3475m/11,400ft) :6 -7 hours
Day 20: Ghunsa to Amjilosa (2,308m/7,572ft) : 5 -6 hours
Day 21: Amjilosa to Chirwa (1,270m/4,166ft) : 6 -7 hours
Day 22: Chirwa to Taplejung via Mitlung (921m/3020 m): 7 -8 hours trek
Day 23: Taplejung to Bhadrapur: 9 hours drive
We move toward Bhadrapur from Taplejung by bus. The ride will last for 9 hours.
Day 24: Fly to Kathmandu
Our amazing journey to the Kanchenjunga circuit comes to an end today.
Day 25: Final departure
Departure Point :Mega Mount trekking & Expedition Pvt.Ltd.Kathmandu,Thamel
Departure Time :Early Morning from Kathmandu
Return Detail :Bhadarpur to Kathmandu
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Trip Introduction
- Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a chance to reach the base camp of the world’s third tallest mountain on a remote mountain trail ideal for trekkers who enjoy the solitude. Located in the far north-eastern corner of Nepal, Mt. Kanchenjunga is considered to be one of the most beautiful mountain massifs in the world. The name Kanchenjunga means ‘Five Treasures of the Great Snow’ which is in reference to the five summits that make up Kanchenjunga. The 24-day circuit trek begins after we fly to Suketar from Kathmandu. The long journey on a less crowded path also rewards us with a unique insight into the rural Nepalese lifestyle of the country’s eastern region.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.