Karlstejn Castle and Koneprusy Caves Private Tour from Prague
Enjoy scenic Czech countryside with castle and caves on a private day trip with professional local licensed guide. The trip includes also traditional Bohemian lunch. The land of Czechia offers more than 1000 castles and chateaus. If you have to pick only one to visit, Karlstejn castle is the one. The role of this medieval castle (14th century) exceeded any other in the country - it was designed as a place to store the crown jewels, royal treasures and collections of holy relics. Today the castle has become the jewel itself. Visit also Koneprusy caves near the castle - the longest cave system in Czech republic with breathtaking unique formations created in 400 mil. years. The tour includes also visit of place of secret workshop of money forgers in 15th century.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional private licensed local guide-driver
- Lunch - Main dish + drink, coffee
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Castle tour admission (1h tour: 13 EUR; 1,5h exclusive tour: 30 EUR - reservation required)
- Koneprusy caves tour admission (6 EUR per person + 2 EUR Photo license)
- Entry/Admission - Karlstejn Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Karlstejn Castle, Statni hrad Karlstejn, Karlstejn 267 18 Czech Republic
Your private guide and driver will pick you up at your Prague place. After 45 min of comfortable drive you reach Karlstejn village. Starting from there you walk up to the castle about 20 min. After exploring some courtyards you will enjoy guided tour in the Imperial Palace that was the seat of the king, his court and noblewomen (joining a group, admission 13 EUR for basic 1h tour; 30 EUR for 1,5h exclusive tour - reservation in advance required).
The castle was built by Bohemian king and Roman caesar Charles IV. who was so humble that the highest and the most sacred place (Holy Cross Chapel) was entered only barefoot. The Chapel is decorated by 129 paintings as an exceptional storage of crown jewels and also holy relics (the exclusive tour).
This unique place is full of stories and legends. One of them says that the castle was built only for secular and sacred purposes of the king, therefore to be able to meditate, women were forbidden from entering.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Karlstejn, Karlstejn, Central Bohemian Region, Bohemia
After castle tour walk through the Karlstejn village and taste traditional Czech lunch (included) away from tourist traps.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Koneprusy, Koneprusy, Central Bohemian Region, Bohemia
Admire Koneprusy caves near the castle (20 min drive) - joining a guided group tour with EN text or audio guide app. You will see breathtaking formations created by nature in 400 mil. years, doms, chambers and much more on a 1h tour in 620 meters (0,3 mile) with 530 staircase steps (admission 5 EUR per person + 2 EUR Photo license). The caves represent a unique geomorphological phenomenon, finding site of fossils and mineralogical location of world significance.
You will be accompanied by nice professional local guide that is flexible to adjust the program to your needs. You will feel like you are on a trip with an old local friend who is ready to give you the best insider tips and recommendations.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Letiště Václava Havla Praha, Aviatická, 161 00 Praha 6, Czechia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/13/2020 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 08:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The transportation and the tour are PRIVATE only for you (except the castle tour of interiors and the cave tour). The transportation vehicles are disinfected regularly by ozone (used in hospitals). If lunch is included in the tour, take-away option is available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.