Karlstejn Castle Half-Day Trip from Prague
Discover the impressive Karlstejn Castle on a guided half-day coach tour from Prague. Built in the 14th century by Charles IV, the Roman Emperor and King of Bohemia, the Gothic-style castle housed treasures of the Holy Roman Empire, including the Czech coronation jewels.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Karlstejn Castle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Karlstejn Castle, Statni hrad Karlstejn, Karlstejn 267 18 Czech Republic
Make your own way into central Prague to meet your guide. Then, travel by bus to Karlstejn Castle, situated above the village of Karlstejn.
Karlstejn Castle was built in the 14th century by the Czech king and Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV. At that time the castle housed the treasures of the Holy Roman Empire including the imperial coronation jewels. Due to the location of the castle this tour is more physically demanding and good walking shoes are recommended.
The tour of the Castle includes historic interiors of the 1st and 2nd floors of the Imperial Palace and the 1st floor of the Marian Tower with valuable furnishings from the 14th - 19th centuries.
(Courtiers Hall, Knights Hall with the St. Nicholas Chapel, Marian Tower Courtyard, Karlštejn Castle Deanery, Emperor´s Bedchamber with the St. Wenceslas Chapel, Audience Hall, Royal Hall of Ancestors and Banquet Hall, Karlštejn Castle Treasury
and a former castle prison on the ground floor of the Marian Tower. In the Castle Treasury, you can admire a copy of the St. Wenceslas Crown, the medieval crown of the kings of Bohemia). The Well Tower (not guided, access from the Main Courtyard)
- a 78-meter deep well with a unique medieval water wheel.
After the tour you will continue to Karlstejn village to finish your tour back in Prague.
Duration: 55 minutes
Departure Point :nám. Republiky 1037/3, Nové Město, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 29 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.