Karnala Bird Sanctuary Excursion From Mumbai With Brunch
Visit the Karnala Bird Sanctuary situated at an hour’s drive from Mumbai. The sanctuary is surrounded by hills of the Western Ghats and has the Karnala Fort at its center. The fort is located on top of a hill and is a favorite with trekkers. The sanctuary is home to over 220 species of birds. Spend the morning watching some beautiful endemic and migrant species of birds.
• Karnala Fort
• Endemic species of birds like Malabar Whistling Thrush & the Malabar Parakeet
• Four-Horned Antelope & Langurs
• 114 species of butterflies
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Brunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Karnala Bird Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- Food or drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Karnala India
You will be picked up from your hotel early in the morning and driven to Karnala Bird Sanctuary that is situated around 30 miles from Mumbai.
Several migratory and endemic species of birds can be spotted in this lush green sanctuary. Five rare birds that have been spotted here are the Three Toed Kingfisher, Rufous-Bellied Eagle, Slaty-legged Crake, Ashy Minivet and the Malabar Trogon. While it is a bird sanctuary, other forms of wildlife also exist here - Wild Boars, Langurs, Four-Horned Antelope and Rhesus Monkeys are common. The sanctuary is also home to over 114 species of butterflies. Spend the morning spotting some rare and beautiful birds before you wind your way back to the hustle and bustle of the city.
At the end of the tour take some brunch at a local dhaba (roadside restaurant).
After brunch, you will be driven back to Mumbai and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Best time to visit: 05:45 - 11:30 a.m.
- Operates only between Nov - Jan.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.