Kathmandu Best Scenic Day Hiking to Champa Devi Hill
Champa Devi features one of the great places to see the impressive Himalayas. From its lofty point on the Kathmandu Valley rim, you have an excellent view of the mountains as well as looking down on the beautiful Bagmati River Valley.
The trip includes not only incredible scenery from one of the rarely visited vantage points of the Kathmandu Valley. Pick up about 8 am from a hotel and return about 3 pm.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Hiking guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Inside the Ring road including Bouddha area)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Personal Insurance
This hike is a definite must for visitors to Nepal because it is one of the very few places where you can see the impressive Kathmandu Valley with the high snowcapped peaks of the mighty Himalayas behind it. The sacred Bagmati River snakes it is way below where you can see the remains of the huge lake that once covered the entire valley. This is an easy trek with wonderful views that are often missed by visitors to Nepal. From Champa Devi, there is wonderful, fresh mountain air along with none of the noise of the busy Kathmandu Valley below. There are also a number of monasteries in view, including the 106-foot statue of the Buddhist Saint Rinpoche.
The journey begins with a one hour drive from your hotel by private vehicle to Hattiban Resort, the beginning of the hike. It takes around two hours to walk to Champa Devi Temple. The path is relatively easy, being at times a brick walkway as well as steps up the hill. Along the way are beautiful wildflowers as well as amazing views of the Himalayas. You reach the temple for the best view and then return by the same route to the Hattiban Resort where you can have tea or lunch. The resort itself features great views from the dining room.
• Thamel, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
• Taudaha Lake, Dakshin Kali Road, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels inside ring road including Buddha area.Airports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Opportunity to see the Himalayas view and Kathmandu valley
- Easy trails with up and down hill (Stairs included)
- Away from city life and enjoy with pure nature walk
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.