Kathmandu Buddhist Monasteries Private Full Day Tours
Perfect for all ages and skill level
Enjoy fantastic views of the Kathmandu Valley
Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide and driver
A peaceful and spiritual day learning more about Buddhism
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Cultural & Theme Tours in Kathmandu
This tour includes two of the most important religious sites which are also UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Boudhanath and Swoyambhunath, and includes another famous Monastery - Kopan. It focuses on symbols of Buddhism, the path to ultimate happiness and freedom.
Total Tour time: 7 hours
The tour starts from 9 am when you will be picked up from your hotel in a private car.
First stop: The immense BoudhanathStupais the largest Buddhist Stupa in Nepal and the third largest in the world.
Travel time: 30 minutes.
Tour time at Boudhanath stupa: 1.5 hours (From 9:30-11:00 am)
The Boudhanath area is home to the largest Tibetan community outside of Tibet. There are numerous Buddhist monasteries surrounding the stupa. Your guide will explain the symbolic Buddhist structures, which at Boudhanath are strongly influenced by Tibetan Buddhism
Second stop: Kopan Monastery, home to over 300monks of all ages, and a study center foreigners who want to study Buddhism come here for guided meditation, and a retreat. It is on a hill just north of Boudhanath.
Travel time: 30 minutes
Tour time at Kopan Monastery: 1.5 hours (From 11:30 to 1:00 pm)
Kopanis an exploration of infinite wisdom and compassion in a spiritual and peaceful atmosphere. The guide will explain the Mahayana Buddist traditions and you will enjoy lunch in the Kopan café overlooking the beautiful Kathmandu Valley.
(Lunch is not included on the package)
The third stop: The 2000-year-old Swayambhunathon a hill which is the highest point in Kathmandu, with a 360-degree view of Kathmandu Valley. It has features of a large stupa and it is primarily a Buddhist holy site, however, it is a complex of stupa, shrines, and temples which represent the unique synergy between Hinduism and Buddhism which only exists in Nepal.
Travel time: 30 minutes
Tour time at Swayambhunath: 1.5hours(1:30 to 3:00pm)
You will explore the eastern steps on the eastern side of the hill, constructed in the 17th century, the stupa with eyes painted in all four directions, encompassed by carvings of the five Buddhas. There are souvenir shops a world peace pond. It is also called the ‘Monkey Temple” because of all the rhesus monkeys that live there. Their many antics delight visitors as they are always doing something interesting. Every morning at dawn hundreds of Buddhist and Hindu pilgrims ascend the steps, passing the two lions which guard the entrance and begin a series of clockwise circumambulations of the stupa.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We communicate all details via mail or social media before our trip get fixed
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.