Kathmandu Evening Tour by Rickshaw Including Durbar Square
Discover Kathmandu like a local as you explore the city on an evening rickshaw ride. Start in the colorful tourist hub of Thamel and pass buzzing bazaars and market squares as you head to Durbar Square, where you'll spend time exploring by foot. Sit back, relax and be enchanted as you take in views of the sunset, silhouetted temples and Kathmandu’s lively nightlife.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Rickshaw ride
- Local guide and driver
- Entry/Admission - Kathmandu Durbar Square
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- As the sun goes down, meet your driver and guide in Thamel, a popular tourist spot, to begin your evening rickshaw ride through Kathmandu.
Sit back, relax and feel like a local as your driver expertly navigates through the backstreets and narrow lanes. Your guide will tell you about the places to see, and you'll be impressed by the myriad sights, sounds and smells of this energetic place as you pass bustling local markets and shops selling everything from pastries to pashminas. Your rickshaw seat provides the perfect platform to do a bit of window-shopping along the way!
Cruise past Asan, a popular vegetable and spice market and the oldest in Kathmandu, and arrive at Durbar Square, filled with centuries-old temples, palaces and shrines that are sure to enchant you.
Hop off your rickshaw and stroll through the square, find a spot on a bench to people-watch, or hang out in one of the hippie-era pie shops on Freak Street. Sip some warm chai tea or, if you’re feeling bold, sample fiery rakshi (a local brew similar to sake) at one of the local food stalls or taverns (own expense). There’s never a dull moment in this area.
After your time here, hop back on the rickshaw for your return ride to Thamel. By the end of your tour, you’ll surely agree that a rickshaw is the best way to experience Kathmandu!
Departure Point :Hotel Marshyangdi, Chaksibari Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- Maximum group size is 12.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Your tour includes entrance fees to Kathmandu Durbar Square, which helps preserve local cultural heritage and maintain this important site.
- Modern motorbikes and cars have mostly replaced the use of rickshaws in Kathmandu, but for your tour, rickshaws are hired directly from the drivers, providing much-needed business that benefits them financially.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.