Kathmandu Hiking Tour
The Kathmandu 1-day Hiking Tour is for those who want to enjoy a brilliant walk in the outskirts of the valley. The hiking tour allows its participants to enjoy the beautiful green forests, meadows, and farmlands which are abundant in the outskirts of the valley and also discover the culture and customs of the Nepalese people along the way.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Ground transport in comfortable private vehicle
- Experienced English speaking guide
- T-shirt, City map
- All government taxes
- All city tour with permits and entrance fees for museums and monuments
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses and anything not mentioned under 'What's Included'
1. Hike Nagarkot-Changu Narayan Temple
We take a one-hour drive early in the morning to Nagarkot located 32 km east of Kathmandu Valley at an altitude of 2100m. Locals believe it to be one of the best places to watch the morning sun as it caresses Mt. Everest and the ever-soaring Himalayas. We then descend further and pass through beautiful villages with locally-built stone houses painted with ochre. After walking for 3-4 hours, we reach the Changu Narayan Temple, a UNESCO world heritage site, where we are greeted by idols over 1000-years-old.
2. Hike in Shivapuri Hills
We drive to the Shivapuri Hill located 9 km north of Kathmandu. The 2-3 hours hike begins with a visit to the Narayanthan Temple where you will be greeted by a big statue of Lord Vishnu resting atop a bed of serpents. We also pass through Shivapuri Conservation area and visit the Nagi Gumba, a Buddhist monastery for nuns, and upon reaching the top of the hill we get to witness the picturesque view of snow-capped Himalayas surrounding the valley. Next, we hike downhill for about 2 hours and reach the Kopan Monastery, a Tibetan-styled monastery established in 1975.
• Nagarkot View Tower, Bageshwori-Nagarkot Rd, Mahamanjushree Nagarkot 44812 Nepal
• Changunarayan, Changunarayan, Kathmandu Valley, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
• Shivapuri National Park, Shivapuri National Park, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
• Kopan Monastery, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Point :Amrit Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The Kathmandu 1-day Hiking Tour is for those who want to enjoy a brilliant walk in the outskirts of the valley. The hiking tour allows its participants to enjoy the beautiful green forests, meadows, and farmlands which are abundant in the outskirts of the valley and also discover the culture and customs of the Nepalese people along the way.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.