Kayak Adventure of Shell Key Preserve & Island with a Local
You get an expert guide (Scott or Thai, father & son team) to show you through the mangrove tunnels (tide permitting) and time your adventure just right to give you the best chance at seeing dolphins & manatees who only visit the area at certain times of the day. You also get time to explore Shell Key, whether that means shelling, swimming, snorkeling, or simply enjoying the view. Keep in mind our tours take place in a shallow saltwater preserve. There are no alligators, and most of the water is knee to waist-deep; perfect for both beginners and experts. Growing up here in St. Petersburg has given me more experience in Shell Key than any other kayak company. Kayaking is one of my favorite things to do. This has allowed me the opportunity to find all the best kayaking spots and to accumulate the local knowledge to give you a true Florida experience, something other kayak companies just can’t do. I started this kayaking company to share these places with you.
per adult from
What's included :
- kayak, paddle, lifejacket (PFD), whistle or signalling device
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shell Key Preserve, 2187 Oceanview Dr, Tierra Verde, FL 33715, USA
Tours take place in Shell Key Preserve. As a native Floridian, I will guide you through the backcountry of the preserve. Through shallow grassy meadows we go, watching fish jump and birds hunt; all the while, ducking through the mangrove tunnels (tide permitting) and allowing time for pictures and explanations of the surrounding habitat. Most of the area we paddle in is typically only frequented by locals and is off-limits to motorized vessels.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Pinellas Bayway South, Pinellas Bayway S, Tierra Verde, FL 33715, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/31/2020 - 1/31/2021
8/31/2021 - 11/30/2021
Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 11:30 AM Friday: 08:00 AM - 01:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 11:30 AM Friday: 08:00 AM - 01:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- This an outdoor experience with plenty of space for all guests and guides to remain at least 6 feet away from each other at all times.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.