Kayak Berowra Valley
Paddle into the heart of the prehistoric wilderness of the magnificent Berowra Valley, and let the worries of the world slip away. Hear the history of the Country unfold over the course of the tour, from the ancient indigenous heritage to the trials of the early settlers. Watch for wildlife playing among the unspoilt bush, as we pass beneath the towering sandstone cliffs.
We provide tea, coffee, fruit and nuts, and wraps for lunch to eat in the wild . Or you can enjoy a meal at one of the iconic waterfront restaurants (A Chef Secrets, Fish Cafe, or Berowra Waters Inn).
Our stable and stylish double-sit-on-top-kayaks are safe and comfortable and easy to use. No experience is required. The waters are relatively sheltered, and it is a gentle pace. While kayaking is not especially strenuous, this is an adventure!
Ask about out accomodation packages to make the most of your time on the river - spend a night or two on the river, either camping by the beach or in a beautiful boathouse.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Kayak, paddle, life jacket
- Lunch - We offer delicious and healthy wraps, however guests can choose to enjoy a lunch at one of the waterfront restaurants at their own cost
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Snacks - Fresh fruit, nuts
- Entry/Admission - Berowra Valley National Park
- Entry/Admission - Naa Badu Lookout
- Entry/Admission - Crosslands Reserve
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - A Chef Secrets
- Entry/Admission - Peats Bite
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Berowra Valley National Park, Crosslands Road, Hornsby, New South Wales 2077 Australia
Our tour takes place in this magnificent National Park. Explore the river, see wildlife that lives along the banks, spot some sea eagles soaring overhead, hike to a lookout, and soak in the unspoilt bush which has remained unchanged for thousands of years.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Naa Badu Lookout, Benowie Walking Track, Berowra Heights NSW 2082, Australia
Hop out of the kayaks and hike up the historic lookout, wiht a great view up the river. Perfect place for a tea or a coffee
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Crosslands Reserve, Somerville Rd, Hornsby Heights NSW 2077, Australia
Stop for lunch, use the facilities, fill up our water, play some games or relax in the grasslands
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Berowra Waters Inn, 1 Calabash Point, Berowra Waters NSW 2082, Australia
Admire the iconic sandstone restaurant, which has been a fixture on the Sydney fine dining scene for decades. Arrange a lunch if you like.
Stop At: A Chef Secrets, Lot 466 (Berowra side next to Boatshed Kiosk, Berowra Waters Ferry, Berowra Waters NSW 2082, Australia
Perfect place for an Italian lunch on the water (optional, at guest's cost)
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Peats Bite, Sunny Corner, Hawkesbury River NSW 2083, Australia
Plan B - guests have to option to paddle DOWNSTREAM to the incredible Peats Bite, for a lunch to remember. A different sort of day, please get in touch if this is the tour you're interested in so we can arrange accordingly.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Berowra Waters, Berowra Waters, Hornsby, Greater Sydney, New South Wales
This charming settlement is the start and finish point for our adventure. Waterfront houses, cafes and restaurants. A must see suburb of Sydney.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :129X Bay Rd, Berowra Waters NSW 2082, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Please get in touch to confirm pick up details, as depending on the bookings for that day it may not always be feasible.Airports
- Sydney Airport, Airport Dr, Mascot, Botany Bay, New South Wales 2020 Australia
- Overseas Passenger Terminal, Sydney
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.