Kayak Day Paddle on Yellowstone Lake
This guided kayaking tour in Yellowstone National Park, includes an introduction to Yellowstone's history and geology of the Lake, along with the kayaking equipment and techniques, then your guides lead you around the shoreline to the West Thumb Geyser Basin where there are many geothermal features on land and under water we will explore from our kayaks, many of which are not accessible by any other means. We explore from our kayaks this primitive geyser basin where there are no signs, no boardwalks and most importantly no other people. We stop at a secluded beach for a picnic lunch which we provide, then return the same way we came arriving back to our vehicles around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, depending on the group. All necessary kayaking equipment and instruction on paddling techniques are included. No prior kayaking experience is required. All skill levels are welcome. Single and double kayaks are available. Small groups with an individual experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guides will provide an introduction to Yellowstone's history and geology of the Lake, along with the kayaking equipment and techniques.
- All necessary equipment and instruction.
What's excluded :
- Guide Gratuities are not included but greatly appreciated.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Kayak in Yellowstone! Our experienced and trained guides provide expert kayak instruction and information on the local history and geology, as they lead you around the shoreline to the West Thumb Geyser Basin and explore the many geothermal features on land and under water. We’ll paddle by the more remote features, most of which are not accessible from land, where there are no signs, no boardwalks and most importantly no other people. We always stay in small groups to make sure you get the most information and best access to this incredible area, and to ensure safety throughout the trip. We have both single and double kayaks available. No prior kayaking experience is required. Space is limited on each trip so sign up as soon as possible.
• Yellowstone Lake, Grand Loop Road Between Fishing Bridge and Grant Village, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190
• Yellowstone Geyser Kayak Tours, Grant Village Marina Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone National Park, WY 83002
Departure Point :Grant Marina Road, Grant Marina Rd, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All children 12 and under must paddle in a tandem kayak with an adult. If booking with children, you must choose the tandem kayak option. This is the rate per kayak, for 2 people.
- If you wish to have single kayaks (not available for children under 13), the rate is per person.
- Please advise any dietary requirements in the Special Requirements field at checkout. Vegetarian and gluten free lunches are available if you let us know.
- Please come dressed for cold weather, as it is usually colder in Yellowstone than you are expecting. Keep in mind that while kayaking, you will get wet. The weather in Yellowstone can vary greatly, and change quickly. Typically the days are sunny with temps in the upper 60's to low 80's, however it does get cold at night and early morning. Afternoon showers and passing thunderstorms are always possible in the mountains. We plan to go in rain or sunshine. We will provide all the necessary kayaking equipment. You should arrive dressed according to the weather, keeping in mind that while you wont ever be submerged in the water, you will get wet. Therefore dressing in layers is always best, with shorts or wind pants made of synthetic quick drying material, and shoes that you dont mind getting wet. Having a rain or wind jacket, extra layers, and/or a change of warm dry clothes for after the trip ends, is also a good idea. Guide gratuities are always appreciated, but never expected. If you have any questions any time, please dont hesitate to ask.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are open for the 2020 season! Fewer people, less traffic, more active wildlife, what a great year to visit Yellowstone!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.