Kayak Tour of Santa Barbara with Experienced Guide
Set out from Santa Barbara Harbor on a private kayak tour of the stunning Santa Barbara coastline. Take in views of Santa Barbara and the Santa Ynez Mountains, and keep your eyes peeled for seals and dolphins. Your expert guide will share information about Santa Barbara's top attractions and customize the speed of the ride to suit your needs. Choose between three different tours of varying duration and difficulty.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Life jackets
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Your experienced kayak guide will launch you from the sand of Santa Barbara’s West Beach and lead you along Santa Barbara’s famous surf spot known as Sandspit. You’ll experience breathtaking 360 degree panoramic views of the Waterfront, Santa Ynez Mountains, Channel Islands, Riviera, Mesa, Harbor, Stearns Wharf, and more.
Your guide will bring you within feet of Northern Fur Seals, Pacific Harbor Seals, California Sea Lions, California Brown Pelicans, and Cormorants. Next, you’ll explore Stearns Wharf, and after passing underneath the pier you’ll enter the Santa Barbara Harbor. The harbor will lend your eyes to magnificent vessels and Santa Barbara’s world renowned fishermen fleet who call the harbor home.
During your tour your guide will provide you insights into the local landscape, topography, wildlife, historical landmarks, and more. Their extensive local knowledge will help answer any questions you may have about Santa Barbara and the surrounding areas. Our guided kayak tour is suitable for all skill levels, including first time Kayakers! Personal Flotation Devices (PFD’s) are provided to all participants. Ability to swim is required.
• 219 Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara, CA 93101-3581
• Santa Barbara Harbor, 132 Harbor Way, Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2363
• West Beach, Santa Barbara, CA
Departure Point :Cal Coast Adventures at West Beach, 45-99 W Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will be meeting your guide at West Beach which is located on the beach directly across from the Harbor View Inn Hotel (28 W Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara). You will see our blue rental flags, white equipment shed, and stand up paddle boards and kayaks.
- Children ages 5 to 11 years must be in a tandem kayak with an parent or guardian regardless of skill level
- All persons must be able to swim
- Please remember to bring your swimsuit and towel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides are required to wear masks at the shop and rental stand but as soon as tours and lessons begin it is extremely easy to maintain a safe distance and the use of masks will only happen if requested by the client.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.