Kayak Turtle Tour from Palm Cove
Ready for the experience of a lifetime? Come on our Kayak Turtle Tour. Tours operate daily from the south end of Palm Cove and paddle out to Double Island from there. Once we are at Double Island, it's an incredible experience. There are mangroves to explore, coral reefs to paddle over and even a cave to explore if the conditions are right. More often than not, the water is crystal clear. There is an abundance of small rays and turtles swimming through the water, and it's even possible to see dolphins, dugongs or whales on the tour, but you have to be very lucky. Kayaks, life jackets, juice, water and fruit is provided.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Use of all necessary equipment
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick Up Fees - $20 per person (if requested)
Departing from Palm Cove, we paddle our way over to the coral reefs that fringe Double Island and Haycock Island (Scouts Hat).
The first stop is our turtle spot. This is the place where the green turtle and the hawksbill turtle can be seen basking in the ocean. More often than not we have numerous turtle sightings. This is an exciting part of the trip for all of our customers.
From here on, we either travel to the north side of the island or we move in to the south side and explore the mangroves, depending on what the tides are doing and the wind direction. Its not uncommon to see many rays and shovel nosed sharks playing and feeding in the shallows along the tidal part of the beach. If we venture to the north side of the island and with a low tide, we will check out the lime stone cave. When the tide is right, we go right inside the cave. Here we find small stalactites hanging from the roof of the cave.
Next stop is the beach for a swim and some fresh fruit and juice. Snorkeling equipment will be provided, so if anyone feels like a snorkel, you are more than welcome to give it a go.
After all this, its time to head home. If the northerly wind kicks in, we head back to Palm Cove.
• Pacific Watersports, 41 Williams Esp, Palm Cove, Queensland 4879 Australia
Departure Point :Cairns, Cairns, Cairns Region, Queensland
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up any hotels in Cairns city area. ($20 p/p)
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.