Kayaking Brookings Chetco River
The Wild and Scenic Chetco river estuary in Brookings offers a variety of experiences ranging from frequent Pelican and Kingfisher sitings to neat coves, sloughs and some of the cleanest water on the coast. The boat basin offers a very easy calm water introduction where you can view the many different commercial fishing boats, Coast Guard vessels and pleasure craft moored up to the docks. Total freshwater paddling distance is about 2.5 miles for the 1.5 to 2 hour tour.
per adult from
1 hour 45 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Pictures of the tour via email
- Great low impact exercise
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Port of Brookings Harbor, 16330 Lower Harbor Rd, Brookings, OR 97415-8306
Great freshwater paddling up the Chetco river and back to our dock in the harbor.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :16364 Lower Harbor Rd, Harbor, OR 97415, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Bring clothing that can get wet like bathing suits (no jeans) or water pants
- Hats and/or beanies and sunglasses are nice to have
- Wind breakers and/or fleece tops are a good choice
- Not recommended for participants with serious back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- We require masks until we get on the water. Thanks for bringing your mask.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.