Kayaking in the Sea of Cortez
Kayaking is the perfect way to explore the Sea of Cortez and the "striking natural beauty in a dramatic setting" that lead to the area being declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The amazing scenery is formed by a rugged shoreline, desert islands and white sandy beaches where you can admire the contrast and reflection of the desert with the turquoise waters.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's excluded :
When it comes to sea kayaking, the place to go is the Sea of Cortez. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to 39% of the world's total number of marine mammal species, accounts for a third of the world´s marine cetacean species, and also has 891 fish species. The Sea of Cortez is a 90 minute drive from Todos Santos. You can choose from two different options. Snorkeling and coastal kayaking in the Sea of Cortez or kayaking in the mangroves and protected waters of Balandra Bay.
During the coastal paddle, you will kayak/paddle along the coast and 3 rocky islands which are home to rookeries for blue herons and blue-footed boobies and even a family of sea lions. You will then snorkel in great spots accessible only by kayak and have a celebratory lunch. It is great for all levels, but some strength and endurance is required.
You can choose to kayak at the Balandra Bay and this is a great trip for paddlers of all skill levels and doesn't require as much strength as option 1.
This adventure includes round-trip transport from Todos Santos/La Paz, bilingual guide (certified Wilderness First Responder), picnic lunch and all necessary equipment.
• Sea of Cortez, Mexico
• Balandra Beach, Callejon Puerto Pichilingue 7 km, La Paz 23010 Mexico
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- TOSEA has Punto Limpio/Clean Point certification from the Mexican government. Our Operations and Office Protocols meet the Safe Travels official stamp requirements laid out by the WTTC, and we have certification for Occupational Safety & Hygiene for Tourism Industry Workers, updated for COVID19.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.