Kazanlak Full-Day Tour from Sofia
Kazanlak is the center of rose-oil extraction in Bulgaria and the oil-producing rose of Kazanlak is one of the most widely recognizable Bulgarian national symbols. Kazanlak is also in the area named The Valley of the Thracian Kings, because of the concentration of noble tombs, one of which is an UNESCO site. See sites that date back to the prehistoric era, and experience this hidden treasure of Bulgaria.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Driver/guide in English
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel Drop off
- Entry/Admission - Rozhdestvo Hristovo Temple
- Entry/Admission - Tomb of Seuthes III
- Entry/Admission - Thracian Tomb of Kazanlak
- Entry/Admission - Damascena Ethnographic Complex
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rozhdestvo Hristovo Temple, Shipka 6150 Bulgaria
It is a Bulgarian Orthodox church built near the town of Shipka in Stara Planina between 1885 and 1902 to Antoniy Tomishko's design in the seventeenth-century Muscovite style, under the direction of architect Alexander Pomerantsev. It is, together with the other parts of the Shipka Monument complex, dedicated to the Russian, Ukrainian and Bulgarian soldiers that died for the liberation of Bulgaria in the Russo-Turkish War, 1877-78.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Tomb of Seuthes III, E 85, Golyama Kosmatka Mound Golyama Kosmatka Mound, Kazanlak 6150 Bulgaria
Then we go to Goliama Kosmatka - the tomb of Seuthes 3rd. he Tomb of Seuthes III is located near Kazanlak, Bulgaria. Seuthes III was the King of the Odrysian Kingdom of Thrace from c. 331 to c. 300 BC and founder of the nearby Thracian city of Seuthopolis. It is one of the most elaborate tombs in the Valley of the Thracian Rulers.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Thracian Tomb of Kazanlak, General Radetski St. Parc Tubelto, Kazanlak 6100 Bulgaria
After a quick lunch in a nearby restaurant, we go to Kazanlak for a visit of the UNESCO world heritage tomb. The monument dates back to the 4th century BC and its murals are memorable for the splendid horses and especially for the gesture of farewell, in which the seated couple grasp each other's wrists in a moment of tenderness and equality.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Damascena Ethnographic Complex, Parvi Mai Street, Skobelevo Village 24, Pavel Banya 6148 Bulgaria
On the way back we will make a visit of a local rose garden and distillery (Damascena or other), where you will see how rose essence is extracted and you will be able to buy some rose-scented souvenirs. We come back to Sofia around 18:30h
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel at 08:30, please provide the address and the name of your hotel/ accommodation.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.