Kelpies, Loch Lomond and Stirling Castle, Private Day Tour from Edinburgh
Explore the wonders of Scottish history, learn about the great folk hero Rob Roy MacGregor, and wander the great halls of Stirling Castle.
This tour is perfect for those who want to experience Scottish history first hand and enjoy the beautiful scenery that surrounds them. Hop on board and get ready to travel back in time.
• Full-day small group tour from Edinburgh
• Mercedes V Class
• Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your driver/guide on this small group tour (no one apart from you and your family members, friends will attend this tour)
• Kids friendly (0+ age)
• You have more free time for sightseeing compared to similar bus tours
• Small group tour with a maximum of 4 passengers
• Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your driver/guide on this small group tour
• Tour can be customised
• Please note that tours stops and timings are flexible and for reference purposes only
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Driver as a guide
What's excluded :
- Admission fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - The Kelpies & The Helix
- Entry/Admission - Loch Lomond Shores
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: South Queensferry, Edinburgh Scotland
Will make 2 stops.
First stop in Queensferry under the bridges (10 min) and another at the Forth Bridges Viewpoint (10 min)
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Kelpies & The Helix, 4 Stadium Way The Helix, Falkirk FK2 9EE Scotland
• Come and see the world's largest equine sculptures up close - go inside to marvel at the complexity and the engineering which created these fantastic pieces of art.
• The pinnacle of the tour is that you get to experience a Kelpie from the inside, and see for yourself the breathtaking engineering and design of The Kelpies.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Loch Lomond Shores Ben Lomond Way, Balloch, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 8QL Scotland
• This is the perfect place to enjoy a walk along the ‘bonny banks’ and take in fantastic views of the mountains. This tranquil area was once the home of Scotland’s famous highland folk hero, Rob Roy MacGregor. You will be walking in the footsteps of one of Scotland’s greatest legends. This area was once the home of Scotland’s famous highland folk hero Rob Roy MacGregor.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
• Stirling is one of Scotland’s greatest stone castles – an icon integral to how we understand the nation’s story. The castle peaked in importance in the 1500s, but its volcanic crag has been fortified since ancient times.
• Generations of Scottish monarchs have enlarged, adapted and embellished Stirling Castle. Explore its three main enclosures, and then admire the refurbished Royal Palace – childhood home of Mary Queen of Scots. The palace’s lavish design drew on European Renaissance fashions to show off James V’s power and good taste.
• Historic Scotland has recreated the palace interiors as they may have looked when the Scottish king’s grand scheme was complete. Costumed characters mingle with visitors, bringing the royal Stewart Court to life.
• Stand in the Great Hall, the largest medieval banqueting hall ever built in Scotland
• Admire the original ornate façades and the recently recreated sumptuous interiors of the Royal Palace
• Step into the Chapel Royal, elaborately redecorated for the coronation visit of Charles I in 1633
• Visit the Stirling Heads Gallery to see the original oak carvings, then marvel at their painstakingly detailed replicas
• View the tapestries in the Queen’s Lodgings, replicas of a medieval set held in New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art
• Enjoy majestic views of the King’s Knot and Royal Park, which were once royal properties associated with the castle
• Imagine the great battles that took place around the castle as you look towards the southern Highlands and the Ochil Hills
(admission not included in the tour price)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :1 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh EH2 4DR, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour starts at 8:30 am (pick up starts at 8:15)Can pick up from any hotel in Edinburgh
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.