Kennedy Space Center Day Tour with Airboat Ride from Orlando
Travel through the swamp and space on this day trip from Orlando. Your day will start with a visit the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex where you can meet an astronaut, see the Space Shuttle Atlantis and learn all about space travel. In the afternoon you'll witness the beauty of the Florida swamps via an airboat ride along the St. Johns River.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Airboat Ride on the St. Johns River
- Live commentary on board
- Transportation from Orlando area to Kennedy Space Center and the St. Johns River Fish Camp for Airboat Ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Entry/Admission - St. Johns River
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: 9150 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819-8112
The final meeting point for the tour vehicle is in International Drive, you will leave from this area.
Stop At: NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Space Commerce Way, Merritt Island, FL 32899
After we depart Orlando you will have a narrated journey to Kennedy Space Center. When you arrive there is a welcome presentation by a NASA Astronaut – this happened on Wednesdays & Saturdays and is exclusive to Gray Line Orlando guests. Once you are inside the Gray Line guide will accompany you into the Space Shuttle Atlantis Exhibition.
This comprehensive attraction devoted to the space shuttle brings you face-to-face with the priceless Atlantis spacecraft as only astronauts have seen it before – with payload bay doors open as if it were floating in space. There are more than 60 interactive, touch-screen experiences and high-tech simulators allowing you to “be the astronaut,” bringing to life the people, passion and patriotism behind NASA’s 30-year Space Shuttle Program.
At the Shuttle Launch Experience, this simulator ride replicates the sights, sounds and feelings of a shuttle launch. You'll go on an incredible journey through space, orbiting Earth aboard a space shuttle. This one-of-a-kind, motion-based simulator is the only realistic simulation of a launch ever created. The 5-minute experience sequence culminates with a breath-taking view of the Earth.
On the narrated NASA bus tour, you will drive past the newly renovated launch pads, and the Vehilce Assembly Building until you arrive at Saturn V Center. Here you will find yourself standing inside the launch control room and looking at an actual Saturn V rocket - the largest rocket ever to fly! Within this facility you get the chance to touch a piece of moon rock.
After the bus tour, you will have a little more time to enjoy the visitor center before leaving to see the airboat ride. But the complex has many breathtaking exhibitions – from walking through a garden like no other, filled with rockets, to seeing 3D IMAX movies to feel like you are walking on the moon, there is so much to see and do.
If time allows be sure to check out Heroes and Legends. You will hear the stories of the past, learn about the history of the space program through the Gemini & Mercury missions….. the Astronaut Hall of Fame is also within this space, where you can honor all the American Heroes that have taken to space flight.
Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Johns River, Nio Address, FL
Following your time at Kennedy Space Center, you'll experience the swamps of Florida on a 30-minute airboat ride.
See exotic plants, flowers and wildlife. You'll travel at high speeds, gliding across the waters of the St. Johns River.
Wildlife often seen can be alligators swimming in the river, cows walking the banks and many birds flying around the area.
The Fish Camp is a very rural area with a little rustic bar and store inside. It has some tables and chairs you can sit back and relax to watch the river whilst waiting for the tour vehicle to return. Its an exciting yet peaceful end to the afternoon.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :1: Orlando, FL, USA
2: The Wheel at ICON Park™, 8375 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
3: 12521 FL-535, Orlando, FL 32836, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:35 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: no refunds will be issued should the meet and greet not be available. This is a complimentary experience.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 56 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. Gray Line Orlando is based in Orange County where face masks are required inside business venues. Therefore, are required inside vehicles. Please bring one.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.