Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with Transport from Orlando
Take a virtual flight to the moon and back at one of Florida's best attractions! On this full-day Kennedy Space Center tour from Orlando, you can tour the NASA facility and Apollo/Saturn V Center to see rockets and their launch pads and the Shuttle Launch Experience. At Astronaut Encounter, hear what it's like to be in space from veteran astronauts. Upgrade to sit down to lunch with an astronaut, or get a Space Pass Plus to not only dine with an astronaut but also take a tour to the Vehicle Assembly Building and other behind-the-scenes sites!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation to Kennedy Space Center from centralized pick up locations
- Admission to Kennedy Space Center
- Local Taxes
- Entry/Admission - NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Entry/Admission - Space Shuttle Atlantis
- Entry/Admission - U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Rocket Launch admission tickets (Extra charge may be required)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Space Commerce Way, Merritt Island, FL 32899
Your Kennedy Space Center tour begins after an approximate 45-minute drive from Orlando. From the Visitor Complex, view rockets from all eras of space exploration in the Rocket Garden, and see an actual Gemini program capsule on display in Early Space Exploration. Walk beneath a massive Saturn V rocket, one of the most powerful ever built, at the Apollo/Saturn V Center and relive Neil Armstrong's first steps on the moon and experience the thunderous rumble of a rocket lift-off! Continue with two IMAX space movies viewed on five-story screens – IMAX® A Beautiful Planet and Journey To Space 3D, which takes you on a virtual trip to the International Space Station. Check out the Astronaut Encounter to hear actual astronauts discuss their experiences and get photos of these heroes.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Space Shuttle Atlantis, Space Commerce Way Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Merritt Island, FL 32953
Don't miss the Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit, where more than 60 interactive experiences highlight the people, passion and patriotism behind NASA’s Space Shuttle program, which launched the Hubble Space Telescope and built the International Space Station. See what it's like to be a real astronaut! Take the helm at the shuttle cockpit; experience the sensation of floating in space; explore a replica of the ISS; and experience the sights, sounds and sensations of a shuttle launch! Travelers can take a private guided tour of the Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit for no additional charge (not available with the Space Pass Plus.)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, Space Commerce Way Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Merritt Island, FL 32953
In the Apollo/Saturn V Center, relive the wonder and excitement of the Apollo era in this one-of-a-kind exhibit that celebrates the unprecedented achievement of putting a man on the moon and the joy that was realized in that moment around the world. Also, take a bus tour past some of the most iconic NASA landmarks. Meet a veteran NASA astronaut at the Astronaut Encounter Show. Visit the impressive Rocket Garden, featuring the first rocket to break free from gravity, and honor NASA’s fallen heroes at the 'Heroes and Legends' exhibit featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame®. Then learn more about what it takes to explore Mars at Journey to Mars: Explorers Wanted.
Finish your day by boarding a full-size Space Shuttle mock-up and strap in for a virtual launch into space on the Shuttle Launch Experience. Orbit the earth in this awesome simulation replicating the sights, sounds and feelings of an authentic shuttle launch.
Tour Options: Ugrade your tour to have lunch with an actual astronaut! Sit down for a meal with a member of NASA's Astronaut Corps and ask everything you ever wanted to know about what it's like to be in space. Or choose Space Pass Plus, which combines all of the above with a guided tour to the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB), NASA Causeway and A/B Camera Stop and a look at the countdown clock at Press Site, a crawler transporter used to move Apollo moon rockets and the Operations and Checkout building.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, 8113 Resort Village Dr, Orlando, FL 32821, USA
2: WildSide Texas BBQ, 7725 W Irlo Bronson Meml Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747, USA
3: Walt Disney World Swan, Orlando, FL 34747, USA
4: Firehouse Subs Lake Buena Vista, 12515 FL-535 Ste 515, Orlando, FL 32836, USA
5: Universal Orlando Resort, 6000 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
6: Rosen Inn International, 7600 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
7: Señor Frog's | Orlando, 8747 International Dr #103, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Lunch with an Astronaut includes a buffet-style meal with vegetarian options
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 79 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if you are at a high risk of contracting the disease.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.