Kennedy Space Center Ultimate Experience: Dine with an Astronaut and Up-Close Tour with Transport from Orlando
Explore the universe at Kennedy Space Center on this day trip from Orlando. Enjoy unlimited access to many Visitor Complex exhibits such as IMAX films, Rocket Garden and Apollo/Saturn V Center, as well as a private guided tour of the fantastic Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit. Your ultimate experience will also include a KSC Up-Close guided tour as well as dining with a member of NASA's Astronaut Corps – an experience the whole family will enjoy! This tour is likely to sell out weeks in advance, so be sure to book ahead of time.
per adult from
What's included :
- IMAX films, all shows and exhibits
- Kennedy Space Center Tour of NASA's Launch Headquarters
- Private guided tour of the fantastic Space Shuttle Atlantis exhibit at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Lunch with an astronaut
- Kennedy Space Center Up-Close tour
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Entry/Admission - U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame
- Entry/Admission - Space Shuttle Atlantis
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Space Commerce Way, Merritt Island, FL 32899
After pickup from your selected location, it’s just a 45-minute drive by bus from Orlando to the Kennedy Space Center. When you arrive, embark on a space adventure from the Visitor Complex as you explore the many world-renowned exhibits.
With your admission ticket, enjoy an IMAX movie screening of IMAX® A Beautiful Planet and Journey To Space 3D.
Visit the Rocket Garden to see the Redstone, Atlas and Titan rockets that first put NASA astronauts into space. Or, climb aboard Mercury, Gemini and Apollo capsules – and experience the cramped quarters America's astronaut pioneers endured.
Short of becoming an astronaut, there’s no better way to catch a glimpse of Kennedy Space Center than on a self-guided tour, included with admission. With NASA buses departing every 15 minutes from the Visitor Complex, you can get off the bus and spend as much time as desired at each location.
First, take a NASA bus for a drive-by view of the space shuttle launch pad and experience the historic Apollo 8 send-off. Then, head to the Apollo/Saturn V Center, where you’ll witness Neil Armstrong's first steps on the moon. Here, walk under a massive Saturn V rocket, one of only three in existence, and marvel at its 363-foot (110-meter) height.
Your ultimate experience also includes lunch with a veteran member of NASA's Astronaut Corps – talk with an astronaut and get an authentic autograph!
Additionally, you'll receive a guided Kennedy Space Center Up-Close tour of the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB), led by a trained space expert. Visit inside to see firsthand where space vehicles were built, and walk along the edge of the Transfer Aisle as you learn about NASA’s latest space exploration program – Space Launch System (SLS).
On you journey you will see many of America's space program icons including the countdown clock at Press Site, a crawler transporter used to move Apollo moon rockets, and the Operations and Checkout building where the astronauts depart from to travel to the launch pads.
Your guide will also take you to the NASA Causeway, A/B Camera Stop and back to the Apollo/Saturn V Center before return coach transport to your Orlando hotel.
Please note: may not have an abundance of time to spend at each stop due to multiple exhibits.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, Space Commerce Way Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Merritt Island, FL 32953
In the Apollo/Saturn V Center, relive the wonder and excitement of the Apollo era in this one-of-a-kind exhibit that celebrates the unprecedented achievement of putting a man on the moon and the joy that was realized in that moment around the world. Also, take a bus tour past some of the most iconic NASA landmarks. Meet a veteran NASA astronaut at the Astronaut Encounter Show. Visit the impressive Rocket Garden, featuring the first rocket to break free from gravity, and honor NASA’s fallen heroes at the 'Heroes and Legends' exhibit featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame®. Then learn more about what it takes to explore Mars at Journey to Mars: Explorers Wanted.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Space Shuttle Atlantis, Space Commerce Way Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Merritt Island, FL 32953
The journey starts in the Atlantis theater with a close-up view of Space Shuttle Atlantis and more than 60 interactive exhibits. It's a moving celebration of humankind’s greatest achievements. Then in the Shuttle Launch Experience, discover the sights, sounds and feelings of a real Space Shuttle launch. Buckle up and get ready for launch in a one-of-a-kind, custom-designed crew cabin.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: 7725 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747, USA
2: Walt Disney World Swan, 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830, USA
3: Firehouse Subs Lake Buena Vista, 12515 FL-535 Ste 515, Orlando, FL 32836, USA
4: Universal Orlando Resort, 6000 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
5: Rosen Inn International, 7600 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
6: Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando, 9000 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
7: Señor Frog's, 8747 International Dr #103, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tickets to view a launch are not included with this tour and must be purchased separately
- Stroller and wheelchair rentals available on site
- No backpacks, large bags, coolers, of food allowed inside the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex
- The Vehicle Assembling Building (VAB) will be closed until 2017, but is able to be observed from outside
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Post COVID-19 Safety Updates - We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if you are at a high risk of contracting the disease. All driver/guides will be required to wear masks. Face masks are recommended but not mandatory, so please bring your own if you wish to wear one. The size of the vehicle used will be adjusted based on the number of passengers to allow for social distancing and all safety guide lines regarding vehicle sanitation will be followed.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.