Ketchikan Electric Bike and Rain Forest Hike Ecotour
As the first and only electric bicycle tour in Southeast Alaska, we're excited for you to join us on an easy, enjoyable ride on the "road to nowhere". This road dead ends at the edge of the dense Tongass National Forest, an extensive wilderness where you will then take an enjoyable, guided hike along a well maintained trail beside an active salmon spawning stream. The hiking features a beautiful waterfall along the path as well as stunning beach views with potential to spot inter tidal creatures and marine mammals along there coast. The dense rainforest is the highlight of the loop trail through the Tongass and is always changing throughout the season. After enjoying your guided hike you'll return to your e-bikes to cycle back to our marina for smoked salmon snacks and beverages. All our tours provide round trip transportation from our downtown office across the street from the Cruise Docks and excellent gear is provided for all your weather and cycling needs.
per adult from
What's included :
- Light refreshments
- Local Guides & Professional Educators/Return Guides / No First Year Guides
- Private Transport to and from our downtown office at the Cruise Docks.
- Small-group tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tongass National Forest, Ketchikan, AK
After a dozen years of running kayak tours in Ketchikan, we're consistently surprised at the number of visitors who never set foot in the Rain Forest. Our E-Bike tour originated from a desire to get more visitors into this amazing rain forest. With almost 200 inches of rain annually, there really is no place as lush and unique as Southeast Alaska. The forest floor is bountiful with all kinds of Flora and Fauna and depending on the time of season its not unusual to see deer or or salmon swimming up stream.
Port times for most folks are very limited, so we wanted to maximize your time by combining multiple activities on this tour. Plus we wanted to offer more than just a hiking tour anyway. So we made the trip to the trailhead half the adventure in itself. And how could we not stop along the shoreline of the sea along the way back? It's not unheard of to see Porpoises, Seals and Sea Lions or sometimes Humpbacks from the beach.
Stop At: Ketchikan Kayak Company, Ketchikan, AK
Electric assist bicycles are bicycles. You pedal them and shift gears like any other bike. They are very quiet in operation and are not classified as a motorized vehicle. However, when you want a little boost in your ride just twist the throttle and you'll quickly see why e-bikes are so much fun to ride. These bikes are powerful and seriously cool. We can cover more distance using e-bikes than conventional bicycles, you don't have to worry about keeping up, and they are the perfect way to get just the amount of exercise you're after. They are very accommodating with a step-through frame so you don't have to throw a leg over the bike to get on and off. We recharge our e-bikes with hydro power so they are a clean source of fun. Our tour usually max's out at 8 people, so no chance of getting lost in the crowd.
Get out of town with us on your visit to Ketchikan this summer!
Departure Point :540 Water St, Ketchikan, AK 99901, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.