Ketchikan Kayak Eco-Tour
Take a 4-hour guided kayak tour to Clover Pass, with scheduling to fit virtually every cruise ship. This is an amazing waterway with several rainforest islands, about 15 miles north of town. Your guides will get you away from the masses as you paddle scenic island shorelines where dense rainforest meets the sea. The Tongass National Forest is the largest National Forest in the U.S. and surrounds Clover Pass. Most tours encounter the resident Steller sea lions, seals, lots of eagles and other birds, a huge variety of inter-tidal life, and sometimes humpback whales, orcas, porpoises and jumping salmon along the route as well. Depending on the time of year we even see the occasional Sitka deer or black bears down at the beach.
per adult from
What's included :
- Light refreshments, local salmon snack, cold and hot beverages.
- Mostly Local, Professional Guides / No First Year Guides
- Private Transport to and from our downtown office at the Cruise Docks.
- Small-group tours. 6:1 guide to guest ratio.
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
We drive you in private transportation to the Clover Pass Resort where we will paddle the calm waters of Clover Pass around small rainforest islands on Alaskas Inside Passage.
• Tongass National Forest, Ketchikan, AK
Departure Point :540 Water St, Ketchikan, AK 99901, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be at least 10 years old. There are some exceptions, so please call if you feel you qualify
- No experience is necessary
- Rain pants and jackets are provided
- Due to the size of the kayak cockpit openings, your hip/waist size should not exceed 54 inches (137cm) as measured while seated.
- Recommended that you wear clothing that would be appropriate for an outdoor hike through the forest, and footwear that will fit inside the space of a kayak. Large bulky boots or high heels are not recommended
- There is a minimum of 2 people to run a tour
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, date.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.