Ketchikan Shore Excursion: Potlatch Totem Park & Ketchikan City Tour
This shore excursion gives you the chance to visit a 19th century native village. The beauty of the smoothly carved wood and local area makes this a great unique half day tour that will make your cruise special.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Potlatch Totem Park, 9809 Totem Bight Rd, Ketchikan, AK 99901-9200
Situated on historic Tlingit Native fishing grounds, on the shores of the Tongass Narrows lies The Potlatch Totem Park. Here you will discover multiple houses and totem poles while appreciating the stunning beauty of smoothly carved wood. Hearing the legends behind the designs really allows you to feel like you have gone back in time.
During the tour we visit the carving studio, which offers an exclusive demonstration by the carver whilst learning their ancient techniques. Potlatch Totem Park is also home to an antique car collection, featuring a 1934 Ford Coupe and 1924 Stanley Steamer as well as a display of rare antique firearms.
Your tour finishes with the Totem Trading Company, here you have the chance to savour a light snack. Our professional driver-guide will also take you on a our through the historical downtown area of Ketchikan, here the waterfront comes alive with bustling float plane and cruise ships.
We wrap up your guided tour with a drive past City Park, Nathan Jackson's Thundering Wings and Dolly's House located in the historic red light district before returning to your ship.
Timings of the day are:
• 15 minutes transport to Potlatch Totem Park
• 1.25 hour visit at Potlatch Totem Park
• 15 minutes at Totem Trading Company
• 30 minutes transport from Totem Bight State Park to cruise ship
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This tour meets in front of the Ketchikan Visitor's Center . Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.Ports
- Ketchikan Visitor's Centre
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/7/2021 - 9/15/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.