Kibbutz Life Tour from Eilat
* Tour one of Israel's last remaining truly communal Kibbutz.
* Learn about the history, culture and unique lifestyle that a Kibbutz offers its residents.
* Eat a delicious lunch in a Kibbutz dining hall (on Wednesdays).
* Eat a freshly made sandwich from the farmers market (on Fridays).
* Learn about desert agriculture; It’s challenges, benefits and how it developed in such harsh conditions.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Transportation in Air Conditioned Vehicle (one way)
What's excluded :
- Return transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Eilot, Eilot, Southern District
On this tour you will get an introduction into what Kibbutz Life is all about. Kibbutz Eilot is one of the first to be established in the Arava Desert, and one of the few remaining ones in the country today that still follow the original community based living standards.
You will get to see the first house, the army bunkers that were used in the past, along with the children’s home and dining hall that are still used to this day!
The tour will finish with some herbal tea that you can pick yourself, and a taste of the delicious dates grown by this kibbutz (considered to be the best in the country), before continuing to the dining hall for lunch with the locals before making your own way back to Eilat. On Friday’s, you get to experience the local farmers market where you can purchase fresh and organic produce grown here in the desert!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Shfifon St 3, Eilat, Israel
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :Eilot, Israel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.