Kibera Slum Guided Tour from Nairobi
A day well spent exploring the unseen side of Nairobi through Kibera Slum which is unseen by most tourists. Kibera is Africa's largest slum and the friendliest slum in the world. Visit Toi market, an Orphanage/ School, a Bead Factory, a typical Kibera-House and The Biogas Center.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Kibera
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kibera, Nairobi Kenya
The tour starts by picking you from your hotel in Nairobi at 8:30am
You will be driven through the Ngong road past Uchumi Supermarket, turn left just next to the Nakumatt Supermarket to Kibera DO headquarters through to Bombolulu stage where you start to descend walking into the three (3) kilometer Main Kibera slum road.
Visit the Soweto Village homesteads, and then continue to the Curio (handcrafts) Workshop where you will witness how those living in the Kibera slums are innovative in making ornaments out of animal bones.
Continue with visits of the Nursery schools and pass by to see the water vendor and the shower shop as you meet other slum dwellers mingling with you as they carry on with their daily chores.
Turn right past the roadside fish mongers into the Biogas plant, the only one of its kind in Africa which will use human waste as its raw material in the production of Biogas which will be used as cooking gas as well as lighting about 200 households once it is accomplished and commissioned.
Proceed to one of the community based School run with the donations from well wishers which is a real highlight of Kibera schools. You will then be escorted back to your car and dropped back at your Nairobi Hotel/Home.
Duration: 2 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up available from Airbnb and private ApartmentsAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wear covered shoes – sandals aren't recommended as the walk is hilly and uneven
- Keep photos to a minimum, and always ask for permission first
- Leave passports, backpacks, purses, and large amounts of money at home
- Avoid flashy items such as SLR cameras or miscellaneous electronics
- Avoid brightly colored or exposing clothing
- Avoid giving out money, which furthers the perception that tourists equals to money
- Enjoy your time and keep an open mind!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.