Kickstart Your Trip In San Francisco
If it’s your first time in San Francisco, you’ll want to get orientated and see the city’s iconic landmarks! But what if as well as this, you could get a local’s advice about where to go, what to eat and all the exciting possibilities awaiting you? With this experience you can! Discover hidden gems as well as San Francisco’s highlights and tourist sights, ticking the most famous landmarks off your bucket list while you explore the city with your host who’ll also reveal the best kept local secrets. Get familiar with the city, choose the area you’d like to explore and get ready to kickstart your adventure in SF!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fisherman's Wharf, Jefferson Street Between Hyde and Powell Streets, San Francisco, CA 94133
Meet up with your local host and follow the itinerary set out based on your interest. This could start in Fisherman’s Wharf, on the northern waterfront, is one of the city's busiest tourist areas. Souvenir shops and stalls selling crab and clam chowder in sourdough bread bowls appear at every turn, as do postcard views of the bay, Golden Gate and Alcatraz. There’s also a colony of sea lions to see and historic ships to tour. At Ghirardelli Square, boutiques and eateries reside in the famed former chocolate factory.
Pass By: SoMa, Bounded by Market, First and Townsend Sts., San Francisco, CA 94103
SoMa, or South of Market, is a vast, warehouse-filled district which might interest you. It encompasses Mission Bay and South Beach, where the Giants play baseball at waterfront AT&T Park. Surrounding Yerba Buena Gardens is an arts center, sleek convention complex Moscone Center and several museums, including the acclaimed San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA). The area is dotted with upscale dining options and high-energy nightclubs.
Pass By: Mission District, Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
You could visit the Mission District. Named for the 1776-built Mission Dolores, the Mission District is an exuberant, evolving neighborhood with Latino roots and a hipster vibe. Old-school taquerias and eclectic live-music clubs mix with chef-driven eateries and craft cocktail lounges. There are also tattoo parlors, gourmet ice cream shops and Dolores Park, a popular weekend hangout with skyline views. Vibrant murals line streets such as Clarion Alley.
Pass By: Eureka Valley, Eureka Valley, San Francisco, California
Eureka Valley is not only home to the twin peaks but boasts one of the most visited sub-neighborhoods in the city, The Castro. The neighborhood is popular with families and the LGBT community alike,and could be part of your experience.
Departure Point :San Francisco, CA, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/14/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.