Kids-Friendly Fun & Educational Sistine Chapel & Vatican Fast Access Guided Tour
It can be quite daunting visiting the Vatican with children. What will they enjoy seeing? How can we keep them from being bored?
Look no further. This 3-hour tour has been specifically designed for families. It is a fun, learning experience for the whole family.
You get to see the wonderful artwork in the Vatican Museums as well as the famous Sistine Chapel and the magnificent Saint Peter’s Basilica.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Square
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Skip-the-line access means that there is no queuing, so after you meet you guide outside the entrance you can put your belongings into the Vatican cloakroom and go straight to explore the treasures of the Vatican.
On this interactive tour, there are quizzes, scavenger hunts and lots of other games for the whole family to take part in; even some prizes to be won!The kids will love the colossal Greek and Roman statues and the sarcophagi of the Empresses Helena and Constantina, the mother and daughter of Constantine the Great.
You explore some of the wonderful galleries and rooms, including the Gallery of the Candelabra and Gallery of Tapestries. The kids will love the Gallery of Maps – the largest collection of Renaissance Maps in the World. The Sobieski Hall has one of the largest canvases in the Vatican – How was it painted? Raphael’s Rooms are a riot of color. Why were they painted and for whom? The kids will love asking questions of the very knowledgeable guide and getting to know more about this magical place.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Of course, no tour is complete without a visit to the Sistine Chapel, still used today for the conclave to elect a new Pope. Your guide will tell you all about the Bible stories, including the creation of Adam depicted in the wonderful frescoes that adorn the ceiling and walls. The kids will be amazed at how long it took Michelangelo to paint The Last Judgment.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Then, into the magnificent Saint Peter’s Basilica; here you will see another of Michelangelo’s masterpieces, his Pietà, and the children will have fun spotting the statues of saints and past Popes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The best way to learn is through play. At the end of this tour both you and you children will have learnt a lot about the Vatican and its treasures. Your guide can customize the tour for your particular gamily group – just ask!
You will say goodbye to your guide in Saint Peter’s Square next to the taxi rank and bus station. Then it is back to your hotel to share your memories of these wonderful 3-hours spent in the Vatican.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- READ CAREFULLY: Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. This has already happened this year and can happen again during you Vatican tour: the Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.