Kigali City Sightseeing
With Kigali City Sightseeing, Countryside Tours-Rwanda helps you discover different parts of Kigali city with a professional and friendly local tour guide. For convenience, a pick-up in Kigali city is provided. The City sightseeing include Gahanga local market, Uzuri K&Y workshop for made in Rwanda sandals, Akagera; the river separating Kigali from the Eastern province and which will pass through Akagera National Park separating Rwanda and Tanzania. This river continues its way into Victoria lake and further to form Nile river. The city tour passes via Rebero, with the view overlooking the central part of Kigali city and the Kigali Convention Centre in the horizon and goes on to Kigali Heights-one of the modern shopping and entertainment centres, the car-free zone for, Nyamirambo area-one of the oldest suburbs of Kigali, Kigali Genocide Memorial and finally, Ubumwe Grande Hotel rooftop bar for a refreshing afternoon coffee or a local drink of choice.
With Us, You Explore Better!
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Complimentary WiFi onboard the vehicle
- Bottled water
- A cup of coffee/tea or a local drink (alcohol/non-alcohol) of choice at Rooftop bar
- Vehicle and a local driver-guide
- Pick-up and drop-off anywhere in Kigali city
- Entry/Admission - Kigali Genocide Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Ubumwe Grande Hotel
What's excluded :
- Extra to one drink
- Anything not explicitly included in the tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gahanga Market, Kigali, Rwanda
Walk through Gahanga, a local market in the outskirts of Kigali city. You will experience the daily local market livelihood which is different from the shopping mall style. Vendors in the market, mainly ladies, are welcoming and accommodating. In case you would like to take a picture, please ask the guide to request for you.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: UZURI K&Y, Kamukina, Kigali, Rwanda
Uzuri K&Y workshop:
Note: Uzuri K&Y workshop for sandals-Not yet available due to due to Covid-19.
At Uzuri K&Y workshop, you will witness a group of many young girls and boys, all participating in the made in Rwanda shoe-making chain. In line with the Government of Rwanda skill enhancement policy among the youth, the workshop hosts both the apprentices and the employees. The factory employees come from the apprentice pool. The finished products from the workshop are shelved in the Uzuri K&Y showroom. Later during the tour, you will visit the showroom and you can buy a souvenir to take home and support their initiative.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Akagera Bridge, Nyabarongo, Kigali, Rwanda
Akagera is the river separating Kigali from the Eastern province and which will pass through Akagera National Park separating Rwanda and Tanzania. This river continues its way into Victoria lake and further to form Nile river. At Akagera river, you enjoy the beautiful scenery of its marshland and its surrounding hills. After that, we will have a stop-over at Rebero mount to enjoy the view of the central Kigali city and Kigali Conventional Centre in the horizon.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kigali Heights, KG 7 Ave, Kigali, Rwanda
Visit the Uzuri K&Y showroom for the made in Rwanda sandals. Located in Kigali Heights, one of the modern Kigali city shopping and entertainment centres, the visit of Uzuri K&Y showroom to witness the finished products of the earlier visited workshop.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kigali CarFree Zone, KN 4 Ave, Kigali, Rwanda
Then, get to the buffet-style lunch and enjoy as per your preferences. We estimate spending one hour approx. at the lunch place. After that, walk through Kigali car-free zone and visit a handcraft shop before driving through Nyamirambo area, one of the oldest suburbs of Kigali city.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kigali Genocide Memorial, KG 14 Ave, Kigali Rwanda
For 1h15 min approx., visit Kigali Genocide Memorial. Reaching the reception, the genocide memorial staff will brief you on how to go about the visit. In addition, visitors can rent an audio guide device to give you a more elaborate explanation on each stop within the memorial.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Ubumwe Grande Hotel, Kigali, Rwanda
Unwind yourself at Ubumwe Grande Hotel rooftop bar. Share an afternoon coffee, tea or any local drink with your guide while having a magnificent view of Kigali city. As this is the last activity, the guide will de-brief and drop you off to your preferred place in Kigali City.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick all our travelers. In the notes (or message), please provide the name of the hotel for pick-up or the street number of the house (place) anywhere in Kigali city.Airports
- Kigali Intl. Airport, Kigali Rwanda
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At stop points during the trip, it is necessary to remain within the group so as to avoid disappearances which can result into activity delay.
- Near public transportation
- Shoes: Sneakers or any other comfortable shoes
- Kigali car-free day: Every first and last sunday of a month, 07h00-10h00. The tour goes on but we avoid the blocked roads
- PLEASE MENTION THE PICK-UP PLACE IN THE NOTES
- Most travelers can participate
- To prevent Covid-19 transmission, Uzuri K&Y workshop for sandals IS NOT VISITED until further notice
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- 1. No Covid-19 test required. 2. Covid-19 prevention measures will be respected throughout the experience.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.