Kilkenny, Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough, Sheep Dog Trials, Day Trip from Dublin
A magical day tour that includes a unique blend of touring the rugged mountainous landscape known as Wicklow "Garden of Ireland" to the lush pastures and very best of farmland in Ireland, counties Kilkenny and Kildare, renowned for the breeding of thoroughbred race horses, arable farming and dairy.Traveling by luxury coach with free wifi, you'll head into Ireland's south-east region - an area as historically interesting as it is beautiful. Visit Kilkenny City and Castle grounds, the monastic settlement of Glendalough from 600 ad and then visit a working sheep farm in the Wicklow Mountains and participate in the collie sheep dog trials,chat with the Shepherd and his family and mingle with the lambs, sheep dogs and any other animals you may wish while on the farm. Uniquely you have a dedicated tour guide to entertain you and a separate dedicated driver to ensure your safety while touring. Ample opportunities to eat and avail of restroom facilities. Free guided walking tours are optional.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup from selected hotels in Dublin
- Complimentary walking tours of of Kilkenny Medieval City & Glendalough Monastic Site
- Stop at Wicklow Gap glacial valley
- Free unlimited 4G Wi-Fi available on the coach
- Irish sheep farm visit & sheep dog demonstration herding sheep,handle lambs all year & collie dogss
- Guided walking tours in Kilkenny City & Glendalough Monastic Site
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Glendalough Monastic Settlement
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glendalough Monastic Settlement, Ireland
Included is a guided walking tour offered by your tour guide.
For thousands of years people have been drawn to ‘the valley of the two lakes‘ for its spectacular scenery, rich history, archaeology and abundant wildlife. Glendalough is a remarkable place that will still your mind, inspire your heart and fill your soul.
The Monastic Site dates from 600AD original established by Saint Kevin. Your guide will walk and guide you though the site recounting old stories and folklore. There old church ruins, the round towers, ancient graveyards and of course the beautiful scenery.The towers have a single entrance high up and the Monks would barricade themselves and their precious Bible Manuscripts in the tower specifically built to keep the Vikings raiding parties at bay secure from pillage and murder. Our guests have ample time to walk the two lakes if they wish and while at the site there is a lovely venue at which light food and refreshments can be bought. 2 hours visiting time.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Wicklow Mountains National Park, Glendalough Village Ireland
The National Park is the mountain range and also the Glendalough Monastic site and lakes. The tour spends 2 hours at the monastic site to include the walking tour and the drive through the Wicklow Gap with a stop at the top where there is a beautiful scenic point
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Wild Rover Tours, Dublin D11 DK61 Ireland
Departing Dublin the tour with depart from and return through the different parts of the city. Your guide will tell you about the history of the city, the landmark buildings and stories of local folklore and people.
Stop At: Kilkenny Castle, The Parade, Kilkenny R95 YRK1 Ireland
A stop of between 2 hours 30 minutes and 3 hours our visit to Kilkenny City offers a wonderful opportunity to catch a glimpse of Ireland's medieval past and its present which Kilkenny showcases the very best of. It is considered to be one of the cultural and craft centres on the island.Your Guide will offer to all a free walking guided tour of the city to include Kilkenny Castle grounds, all the notable sites through the narrow winding cobbled stone streets. Stories of history, you will have ample time to freely browse the sites and shops. With open access, the wonderful extensive Castle grounds behind the fortified 1000 year old granite walls is a must visit. Across from the Castle is Butler House & Gardens, beautiful gardens and the Castle stable yards where silversmith crafts men and women are at work, sculptures, painters, tanners and potterers. The workshops are open to the public. Visit the haunted Black Church and Rothe House filled with Viking artifacts. Artisan cafes galore!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: The Wicklow Gap, Wicklow Gap Road Ireland
Is one of the highest Irish mountain passes and located in County Wicklow.The wild and rugged scenery is the film location for many movies from Braveheart to PS I Love You and more recently the tv series Vikings.
We have a stop at the top of the Gap and you have the opportunity to stroll the area and capture some images.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: The Curragh Racecourse, The Curragh Kildare, R56RR67 Ireland
Travelling though the County of Kildare, rich land the home to Irelands thoroughbred race horse breeding industry.
The Curragh is extensive area and National Park, it is the home to wild life while also the military base, Irelands largest prison and of course the home of Irish flat racing.
Stop At: Laragh, Laragh, Wicklow, County Wicklow
We visit a working Irish sheep farm set in the Wicklow Mountains. At the farm there will be a Sheep Dog Trials where the Shepard will work with his collie dogs in a demonstration through the fields of the farm. After this there is a open answer and question session with the farmer and all passengers get the opportunity to mingle with the lambs, sheep and the dogs. The setting is magical at the foot of the hills located in a beautiful valley.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :1: Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin, 23 O'Connell Street Upper, North City, Dublin, D01 C3W7, Ireland
2: Ulster Bank (College Green), 33 College Green, Dublin, D02 DD76, Ireland
3: Jurys Inn Christchurch Dublin, 8 Christchurch Pl, Dublin 8, D08 REK7, Ireland
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Westmoreland Street, Westmoreland St, Dublin, Ireland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please be outside one of the 3 available pickup locations listed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Children 2 years and under are not allowed to travel
- Most travelers can participate
- Please be there 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All touring vehicles are now fitted with Eco3 Air Purifier. - destroys biological pollutants such as bacteria, viruses, molds, allergens and germs. - increases oxygen concentration. - reduces risk of infection. Interior of our coaches are sprayed each evening with antibacterial spray, deep clean.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.