Killer Bees Farm & Honey Culinary Experience
TRIP ADVISOR TRAVELER’S CHOICE 2020. Learn about the life of a hive. Hear about the Queen and the fierce loyalty of her female subjects. Inspect a hive up close with the beekeeper, in a protective bee suit. Hold a frame full of bees and experience the thrill of a "Queen siting"! Savor honey from the Killer Bees apiary paired expertly with different foods for a light lunch with champagne! Then pour your own souvenir bottle of honey, straight from the Killer Bees hives. All in a beautiful mountain top setting.
Killer Bees Honey uses only organic methods to produce the purest honey possible. Killer Bees Honey is never blended, flavored, heated, or pasteurized. All honey is harvested, hand-bottled, and packaged on premises. Derived from the abundant natural goodness of the forest, our honey is analyzed by independent labs for purity and to ensure the true nectar value.
Like a fine wine, our honey is as unique as the micro region of our mountain retreat. Come taste for yourself!
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - The tour includes a honey tasting and pairing with different foods to highlight the different honey varietals and how they bring out different flavors
- Use of full protective bee suit and veil
- Entry/Admission - Killer Bees Honey
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Killer Bees Honey, 10932 Rosman Hwy Bear Tracks Travel Center for SHUTTLE PICK UP, Lake Toxaway, NC 28747-7778
FRIDAY & SATURDAY ONLY. 9:30-1:30 Reservation required.
The Killer Bees Honey apiary tour & honey tasting will introduce you to the elemental intensity of a hive, its queen and her subjects. Included is an upfront and personal bee meet & greet, an opportunity to pour your own bottle of honey and culminating with a taste of the delicious fruits of their labor. Watch the bees as they tend their hives and forage for nectar. Learn what they are doing and why they do it! Each tour is limited to 12 people, allowing for a greater personal experience.
Located deep in the Pisgah National Forest of Western North Carolina, the Killer Bees Honey apiary is nestled high on top of Walnut Cove Mountain. Surrounded by 512,000 farm-free acres of soul-cleansing views, our lady aviators gather nectar from a variety of floral sources. The result is some of the most exquisite honey untouched by pesticides, fungicides and herbicides.
• Brief discussion on the life of a honeybee, their caste system, division of labor and hive equipment.
• Journey into the exuberant world of a bee colony with the beekeeper as he inspects a hive. Protective suits, veils and gloves will be provided.
• Visit the honey processing center and pour your own 4 oz decorative bottle of Killer Bees Honey.
• Honey tasting fresh from our hives along with discussion and honey sampling. Learn how different honey’s look, smell and taste.
• Honey pairing with different foods.
• Select alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Bear Tracks Travel Center, 10932 Rosman Hwy, Lake Toxaway, NC 28747, USA
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Ages 12 and up are welcome if they can quietly sit through an hour long discussion
- not recommended for travelers allergic to bees
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Still COVID compliant. Until Governor & CDC guidance changes, we will be conducting the tour outside on a screened porch with couples 6 feet apart. Only when inspecting hives, when we will be close together, will we REQUIRE masks be worn. Until guidance changes, tours will be limited to 8 people.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.