Kirkenes: The City between East and West Walking Audio Tour by VoiceMap
Kirkenes has experienced an incredible journey through the ages. On this audio tour you’ll come to know this beautiful city’s proud history, from the time of the Skolt Sami language, to its evolution into a mining town, to the destruction of the city during World War 2.
Today Kirkenes is an international melting pot that enjoys a friendly coexistence with those across the border in Russia.
In this VoiceMap-story from Kirkenes, join Lars Engerengen on a tour through the history of Kirkenes. He will guide you from the port to the church in the middle of the city centre. You’ll hear about the city during the war, the Sydvaranger Mine Company and some Russian spies. Most of all you’ll hear about the friendly relationship between the Russians and the Norwegians.
The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lifetime access to Kirkenes: The City between East and West tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Kirkenes Church, Kirkegata 5, Kirkenes 9900 Norway
The Kirkenes Church was built in 1959 as part of the reconstruction of the city after the Second World War. The architect was Sofus Hougen, and most of the interior is still original from the time it was built. The organ was a gift from the Sydvaranger Mining Company.
Departure Point :Kaiveien 3, 9900 Kirkenes, Norway
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 3/25/2019 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 10/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Sjøgata 1, 9900 Kirkenes, Norway
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.