Kirtipur historical tour
Kirtipur is one of the historical open museums in Kathmandu valley. It is one of the authentic Newari town full of art, architecture, culture and amazing lifestyle of ethnic Newari people.
Once upon time, Kirtipur was one of the strong and separate kingdom in Kathmandu valley. When the king Prithvi Narayan Shah started unification campaign in Nepal, Kiritipur was one of the great barrier. The Shah king continuously two times lost and lose his reliable soldier – Kalu Pande. At the third time only able to conquer the Kirtipur in 1967. After that, Shah took the other cities Kathmandu and Lalitpur in 1768 and Bhaktapur in 1769, completing his conquest of the valley. He thus established the Shah dynasty in Nepal by replacing the Malla dynasty.
Kirtipur is one of the artistic city in Kathmandu valley. We can observe Bagh Bhairab Temple, Uma Maheshwar Temple, Chilancho Stupa etc. At the same time, you can also have long range of Kathmandu valley and its above the glittering Himalayas view.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour guide
- Private vehicle
- Hotel pick/drop off
What's excluded :
- Entry Fee
- Accommodation in Kathmandu
- Food and beverages
- Any personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kirtipur, Kirtipur, Kathmandu Valley, Bagmati Zone, Central Region
After your breakfast, your tour guide and vechile will be their at your hotel. We are flexible about your time. Generally we start our program at 9: 00 AM.From thourist hub Thamel to Kiritpur is around half and hours drive.
The tour will be accompanied by our professional tour Guide. Today you will explore the historical aspects of Kirtipur. Mainly you will visit Bag Bharab temple, Uma Mahesvara temple and its the cultural settlement of Newari People. If you want, you can try the typical Newari food with your guide.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all the travelers from Kathmandu
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.