Kjerag Summer Hike - Beat the Crowds
FJORD CRUISE INCLUDED!*
Would you like to visit Kjerag during the high-season but want to avoid the crowds? Are you an early bird who enjoys the tranquility of hiking in near-solitude? Join Outdoorlife Norway on an early-morning summer hike to the famous Kjerag boulder, and enjoy the spectacular Lysefjord. Relax and savor the views while you’re transported by fjord cruise. Hike in small groups on trails that have been upgraded by Nepalese Sherpas, and enjoy the exhilaration of standing atop the boulder before the crowds of tourists arrive.
*On Saturdays, the speed ferry does not run and we will drive around the mountains. On Sundays, the trip’s itinerary is reversed: instead of at the start of the day, you’ll cruise through the Lysefjord during the afternoon, before traveling back to Stavanger.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fjord Cruise (except on Saturdays)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Use of hiking poles
What's excluded :
Your journey begins early-morning when your professional nature guide picks you up at Clarion Hotel Stavanger at 04:55am. While being transported to the edge of the fjord, you’ll be able to view some of Norway’s stunning landscapes before you board a speed-ferry.*
The cruise will transport you into the Lysefjord where you will pass waterfalls, abandoned farms, and the famous Preikestolen cliff, which towers 604 meters above sea-level.
Once ashore, you’ll be driven through 26 hairpin turns to the Eagle’s Nest trail-head, from where the hike starts. During the 2.5-hour hike to the boulder, you’ll encounter 3 periods of steep climbing interspersed with 2 shallow valleys. Reaching the edge of the mountain’s plateau, you will be rewarded with panoramic views of the Lysefjord.
If you’re among the brave, you’ll have the opportunity to stand atop the Kjerag boulder. After a lunch break, your guide will lead you back down. On the drive back to Stavanger, the guide will navigate over a mountain pass.
*On Saturdays, the speed ferry does not run and we will drive around the mountains. On Sundays, the trip’s itinerary is reversed - with afternoon cruise through the Lysefjord.
• Kjerag, Lysefjord Norway
• Lysefjord, Stavanger Norway
Departure Point :Clarion Hotel Stavanger, Arne Rettedals gate 14, 4008 Stavanger, Norway
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for adults who are in very good condition, and have previous hiking experience.
- Distance: 11 kilometers
- Ascent: 800 meters
- Please do not book tours that exceed your skill-level or physical abilities.
- Please Bring
- Proper hiking boots*
- Thick socks x 2
- Water-resistant pants*
- Rain-proof jacket*
- Fleece or woolen sweater
- Small backpack*
- Packed lunch / water / snacks
- *items can also be rented
- Photography package (299 NOK)
- Hiking boot rental (200 NOK)
- Hiking pants rental (150 NOK)
- Hiking jacket rental (150 NOK)
- Day-pack rental (50 NOK)
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required during transportation (pick-up/drop-off service) for both guides and travelers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.