Kölsch and Brewhouse Tour (18 and up)
Come and join us on a memorable authentic tour through the old town of Cologne and its famous brewhouses where the inhabitants enjoy their beer, the so called traditional Kölsch!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Small group tour
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cologne Cathedral, Domkloster 4, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia Germany
This tour addresses people who are interested in interesting information about the city scattered by tastings of three different traditional beers in selected rustic brewhouses. We start together in front of the Cologne Cathedral which has been added to the UNESCO World Heritage List. Be amazed by its greatness! Next we go on to the Alter Markt in order to visit the brewhouses. Let’s get in touch with the special mentality of the Cologne people who are known for their carnival passion and for being highly open-minded and friendly. Our tourguide shows you the right drinking patterns and explains more about the special culture of the city. He is also willing to provide you with his personal survival tips for Cologne so that you are perfectly prepared for your stay in the city. Moreover, we lead you to popular spots such as the “Hennes am Dom” as well as the “Heinzelmännchenbrunnen” and other interesting historical sites. Cologne is not only full of great brewhouses but also of a variety of small kiosks, the so called “Büdchen”.
The tour is providing you answers next to others to the following questions:
• Why is „Kölsch“ much better then „Altbier“?
• What means Köbes, Kranz, Pittermännchen and Halve Hahn?
• What is worse than the pest and protestants?
• How much does the Cologen Cathedral cost?
We visit three of the following brewhouses:
• Gaffel am Dom – the oldest monumet at „Alter Markt“ with rustic ambience
• Brauhaus FRÜH – the largest brewhouse of the city
• Brauhaus Sion – thanks to Hans Sion Kölsch is still brewed!
• Peters Brauhaus –one of the newest breweries in Cologne
• Brauhaus „Sünner im Walfisch“ – Sünner is known for Cologne tradition amongst beer-experts
• Brauhaus en d’r Salzgasse – the former brewery „Zur Täsch“
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Trankgasse 7, 50667 Köln, Germany
Return Detail :Salzgasse, 50667 Köln, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with major walking problems, as this is a public walking tour the guest have to keep up with the guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.