Knossos and Heraklion Day Tour from Rethimno
Discover the ancient Palace of Knossos and city of Heraklion while on this 9-hour full-day tour. Accompanied by a professional guide, learn about the temple and Minoan palace of Knosses. Enjoy free time in Heraklion to explore the streets and tour the local museum before returning to your Rethimno accommodations.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Knossos Archaeological Site, Knosos, Heraklion, Crete Greece
Begin the trip to Knossos Palace with pickup from your hotel. From there, proceed eastwards to Knossos, where upon your arrival, you will walk through the area for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. It contains the largest of the Minoan palaces that have been partially restored. The ruins and rebuilt parts belong to the last and largest Minoan Palace, the labyrinth of Knossos. View the impressive murals and throne of King Minos.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Heraklion, Heraklion, Crete
Next, head over to Heraklion city to start your 2-hour experience in the city. The town of Heraklion is the largest urban center of Crete, the capital of the region of Crete and the economic center of the island. Since the Minoan period, the town of Heraklion became the host of varied cultures and civilizations whose indelible marks are visible in the form of fountains, castles, walls, palaces and other monuments. Enjoy free time to have lunch, shop or visit the Archaeological Museum. At 4:00pm, you will board the bus and go back to your hotels about 6:00pm.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will receive your voucher with all details (pick up time, pick up date) one day before the tour.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- All travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.